This Senior Technical Writer will join Oracle's industry-leading Service Cloud Information Development team in creating technically accurate and comprehensive documentation for diverse audiences. In this position, you will be developing technical documentation and online help for external users.
In this position, you will plan, research, write, release, and maintain documentation for our cloud-based applications. You will work with our developers, quality assurance engineers, product managers, and others to understand the behavior and nuances of our products. You will be expected to become a subject matter expert in the technology, work directly with the product, and create conceptual and procedural documentation that is clear and accurate.
Oracle's products are complex enterprise applications with extensive user customization possibilities. Every product feature is part of a larger business process, and you will need to understand the entire process to competently explain it to your readers. You'll be collaborating with other writers when features impact their areas of focus-and when their features impact your areas-and you should enjoy the challenge of learning more than just what you're writing about. Expect to work in a demanding and fast-changing environment, and to extensively use your own judgment. And, on top of that, you should be an excellent writer. Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background:
- Create user support documentation, online help, tutorial scripts, release notes, and upgrade documentation for Service Cloud.
- Manage complex documentation projects and balance multiple tasks in a dynamic environment with mobile deadlines.
- Work with software engineers and product managers to ensure accurate and complete documentation.
- Update existing documentation when features and products change.
- Work with other Oracle teams to discover where our users need the most assistance.
- Support internal users such as professional services engineers and sales representatives, helping them locate and understand the documentation and updating documentation to address immediate needs.
- Learn and explain recommended practices for features and processes.
- Provide feedback to developers about product usability.
- Communicate with team members to share information, ask for help, and offer assistance.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background:
- BS degree in Technical Communications, English, Instructional Design, Computer Science, or commensurate experience in a technical or scientific field.
- Experience writing task-based documentation for software.
- Experience with advanced desktop-publishing and content-development tools.
- Exemplary grammar, spelling and punctuation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Conform to strict writing style and documentation standards.
- Enjoy hands-on, exploratory learning with complex software.
- Come up to speed quickly on new projects.
- Work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Thrive in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to spend hours working on repetitive tasks.
- Hands-on experience with Arbortext, HTML5, and SnagIt.
- Experience with structured authoring and DITA standards.
- Experience with structured authoring XML editor, such as oXygen, Arbortext, or XMetaL.
- Knowledge of customer experience software products for service, marketing, and sales automation, including Oracle Service Cloud.
- Knowledge of APIs
Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance, test or user manuals for paper, multimedia or web-based publications. Contributes to the timely design, production and delivery/completion of product documentation and document sets.
As a member of the technical writing division, you will organize and prepare information for publication and develop publication concepts for the best communication of subject matter. Review technical information prepared by other staff members for clarity and content. Take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.