Our client is seeking a talented Technical Writer to support our client in Charleston, SC. This candidate will be sitting down with various competency reps to conduct content inventories, assist with content migration/clean up (gardening), and assisting with the creation of new content based on their requirements.
Candidates responsibilities include, but are not limited to: working on various tasks/detail-oriented web content efforts, at direction of the Knowledge Management (KM) Lead. Candidate will work with content managers from across the command to create, capture, share, classify maintain and reuse content that directly supports the workforce. They will also facilitate the continuous improvement and clean-up of a vast amount of web content, allowing for greater efficiencies and organizational performance.
- Task and detail orientated
- Working knowledge of the Atlassian Confluence and Atlassian JIRA products
- Knowledge of web portals, wikis, blogs, social networks, and other content management systems
- Knowledge of content life-cycle: analyzing, planning, writing, editing, distributing, managing, and monitoring content
- Knowledge of design standards and conventions relevant to web-based systems
- Ability to quickly prototype content layouts and information displays/dashboards
- Knowledge of Information Architecture (IA) principles and best practices
- Knowledge of content labeling/tagging, and taxonomies
- Ability to conduct content inventories, audits, and gap analysis
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Ability to carry out work assignments while recording progress and results
- Knowledge of content workflows: people, ownership, roles, processes
- Understand content aggregation and data sourcing
- Ability to communicate effectively with end users, content managers, and stakeholders
- Ability to respond to support requests and provide ad-hoc training
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.