Technical Writer Advisor
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: September 15, 2016
Reference ID: 16000HJ6
*Do you want to work for a Visionary?** *Dell is positioned as a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Data Center Networking.
*Are you ready to join an Information Development team that is on the cutting edge? Dell’s Global Information Development team is innovating the way technical content is developed and delivered, and how it helps customers.*
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented writer who is a strategic thinker, and who is passionate about helping customers be successful.
This is a senior writing position and requires someone who gets excited about engaging with new technology, developing content strategy, and has experience tackling complex challenges.
This person will create information resources for technology partners, application developers, and early-adopting experts. They will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and drive innovative solutions to deliver information assets used in DevOps environments, Open Source Networks and in Software Defined data centers.
* Create engaging and useful content to be delivered in a diverse ways, to aid and support software developers using the Dell Networking OS platform
* Understand development audience and information requirements for this user group
* Initiate efforts in documentation process improvements, including customer satisfaction and usability improvements
* Contribute to videos, Quick Start Guides, and a diverse set of other resources created to support next generation hardware and software
* Leverage web analytics and other customer feedback to build content plans and strategies
* Work with aggressive deadlines and manage deliverables accordingly
* Work with a broad range of individuals within the company
* Accommodate frequent engineering changes
* Maintain organization’s standard and style guides, and templates
Key Expertise and Abilities Required:
* Must have 10 as technical writer, with at least 5 years creating developer documentation (API, SDK, Linux MAN pages, etc.)
* Collaborate effectively with development teams to document their work and explain it to end users
* It is critical that this person have experience and knowledge of IP Networking, data centers, networking applications and protocols.
* Certification, in Networking features and functions, or 5 years writing for a networking product
* Possess a strong interest in technology
* Experience working with Agile development teams
* Experience creating documentation in an Agile development environment.
* Knowledge and Experience in XML development, DITA and task-based writing
* Experience with development lifecycle challenges
* Strong attention to detail
* Possess excellent communication skills
* Self-motivated and flexible, with ability to handle multiple projects and move quickly among them
* Ability to work both independently and as part of teams
* BA/MA, English/Technical Communications; BS/MS, Engineering/Computer Science; or equivalent related experience.
**Job:** **Engineering Operations - Technical Writer*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Technical Writer Advisor*
**Location:** *CA-Santa Clara*
**Requisition ID:** *16000HJ6*