Intel goes beyond chipmaking, and its Saffron Technology Group is leading Intel's exciting new machine learning and cognitive computing efforts. From analyzing heart conditions to identifying insurance fraud or even triaging software defects, Saffron's algorithms are leading the way towards faster and smarter decision-making. Documentation plays a vital role as we continue to support our legacy technology and as we repurpose it for the modern age. At the same time, we are creating an exciting suite of digital web-based tools that will further aid in business decision-making solutions that can be accessed in the Cloud. We are documenting the future!
The bulk of our documentation is consumed by developers, professional services engineers, and systems administrators. Responsibilities include some or all of the following:
- Write a variety of software-related documentation. This might consist of installation and configuration guides, developer and admin guides, release notes, and API/SDK guides.
- Collaborate with developers, support, product owners, and others to ensure content and technical accuracy.
- Collaborate with writers to maintain a one-voice consistency between groups.
- Maintain project release deadlines throughout the engineering and writing process.
- Produce documentation in DITA and Wiki formats.
- Manage product documentation updates in accordance with product release schedules.
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and communicate them clearly, concisely, and accurately.
- Strong attention to detail, self-management, initiative, discipline, and follow-through.
- A proactive and open-minded attitude toward resolving problems and delivering results.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to innovate, improve processes, and come up with brilliant solutions.
- A passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
You must have a Bachelor's degree with 7 years of experience or a Master's degree with at 6 least years of relevant industry experience as a Technical Writer.
- Excellent project- and time-management skills. Ability to multitask, prioritize, and develop and maintain own schedules.
- Ability to work either as lone writer on a product team of developers, QA engineers, project managers or to collaborate closely with other writers as needed.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies, processes, and concepts.
- Ability to research subject matter and obtain and exchange information.
- Extensive experience with writing technical documentation based on technical project artifacts and interactions with Subject Matter Experts, including system architects and senior developers.
- Experience with creating API and SDK documentation, including REST, JSON, and XML.
- Experience with XML documentation and authoring tools.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and Content Management Systems.
- Working knowledge of GIT, Jira, and Wiki.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Writing samples are required to demonstrate proficiency with written and verbal communication for both business and technical audiences.
- A thorough understanding of the software development life cycle and the writer's role in it.
- Proven experience working with XMetal or a similar XML-authoring tool. Documentation-reuse experience is a plus.
- Experience working in a Cloud environment.
- An understanding of virtualization and cloud computing technologies such as Docker.
- An understanding of authentication and authorization technologies.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.