Technical Writer, Product Management
Biosense Webster is the world leader in the $2.5 billion worldwide electrophysiology market and our company is in the enviable position of being one of the fastest growing businesses within Johnson & Johnson. We have achieved double digit growth consistently over the last decade and aren’t stopping as we look towards the future. Our product portfolio remains strong and further proves we are an innovative leader in cardiac electrophysiology. In order to continue this great growth trajectory, we need to bring on board top talent like you to help fuel our future! Our growth has also enabled a relentless focus on talent development by providing many new opportunities for our employees to expand their knowledge and grow their careers. Our commitment to developing our leaders is unwavering. Our investment in people, technology, and innovation make us one of the best places to work within one of the most admirable corporations in the world. Position Description:
Biosense Webster is recruiting for a Technical Writer, Product Management located in Irwindale, California. The Technical Writer provides documentation that is clear, concise, and readable for both a technical and non‐technical audience. The Technical Writer is responsible for working with project teams and engineers to deliver quality documentation on schedule. Key Responsibilities:
• Develop, organize, and compose clear, concise, and readable technical documents that may include diagrams, flow charts, photos, and graphics that must be captured and manipulated to support content.
• Create and manage Engineering Change Orders through development and approvals.
• Work with project team to produce quality documentation such as process instructions, process FMEAs, work instructions, and standard operating procedures.
• Manage multiple documentation projects and ensure critical deadlines are met.
• Identify problems and opportunities for process improvements.
• Work with project teams to resolve problems and concerns.
• Manage approval process to ensure the timely release of documentation.
• Maintain and promote adherence to company documentation style guides and content specifications.
• Facilitate meetings with subject matter experts or project teams to review documents.QualificationsEducation:
Associates Degree or Equivalent Required. BS/BA or Master’s degree is preferred.Experiences and Skills:
• Minimum 6 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
• Minimum 2 years of technical writing experience required.
• BA/BS/Master’s degree or Technical Writing certification desirable.
• Experience in the medical device field desirable.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word.
• Familiar with PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and graphic and photo management software preferred.
• Familiarity with document management systems required.
• Photography experience desirable.
• Must be able to analyze project scope and set interim deadlines for documentation development.
• Must be able to successfully complete company/department training courses in manufacturing techniques.Additional Position Requirements:
• Weekend and overtime work may be required.
• The employee is required to wear special garments when working in a clean room environment.Primary Location
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.