Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. Job Description:
Responsible for the execution of the installation project plan including equipment delivery and interface with other trades to successfully complete projects while exceeding customer's expectations.
Job duties include:
Job Qualifications: Qualifications:
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and program fire alarm, security, card access, CCTV, and communication systems
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, and specifications
- Wiring new equipment according to blueprints and also troubleshooting existing systems
- Repair electronic components using electronic test equipment and replacement parts
- Maintain and update As-Built schematics, drawings, and documentation files on equipment and notify engineering of those changes
- Complete verification reports for submittal to customers and carry out system acceptance tests with AHJ's and other interested parties
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with team members and customers
- Willing to be part of an on-call rotation and work flexible hours and/or overtime as required
- Maintain up to date knowledge of various product lines
- 3-5 years experience in the Fire Alarm and/or Security industry, Associate's degree or equivalent technical experience and training
- Strong technical skills coupled with the ability and willingness to learn new systems and processes.
- An attention to detail and the ability to work independently is essential
- Good customer interaction skills and the ability to think on your feet are required
- Proficient in the use of computers with networking and programming helpful
- Knowledge of test equipment to include oscilloscope, multi-meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices preferred
- Strong communication skills and customer service focus
- Successful candidate must obtain/maintain NICET Level I within the first year of employment and obtain NICET Level II within 2 years
- A valid driver's license with good driving record; and the ability to obtain appropriate licenses required by national, state and local codes, and the ability to pass drug screen and employment background check required
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.