Posted: November 12, 2016
Reference ID: 959219839
An Associate Lab Test Technician (manufacturing/production engineering) job in Mesa, AZ is available courtesy of Adecco Engineering and Technology. You will be responsible for setting up and performs production and basic engineering inflator tests. Install electrical and electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies; diagnose and repair/construct test cables using soldering equipment and hand tools.
An Associate Lab Test Technician job responsibilities include:
• Fabricate components from blueprints, engineering sketches, or verbal instructions
• Sets up and performs production and basic engineering automobile airbag/inflator tests.
• Install electrical and electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies; diagnose and repair/construct test cables using soldering equipment and hand tools
• Conducts pre and post-deployment inspections of inflators and components for physical integrity; may examine parts for conformance with dimensional specifications.
• Activates controls to apply electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or mechanical power and subject inflator to successive steps in test cycle.
• Participates in installing inflators to be used in test fixtures, connecting valves, pumps, hydraulic, mechanical or electrical controls, cabling and indicating instruments.
• Troubleshoot and repair of industrial automation equipment, including knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical systems (cams, gears, etc.), and industrial electronics
• Set-up and operate various manual machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, drill presses, surface grinders,
• Monitors controls and instruments, while recording test data for engineer's use. Duties include data entry, high-speed video camera set-up and hand tool use. Identifies discrepancies, process/recycle tested parts and waste.
• Calibrates and maintains test equipment by using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, and multi meters. Ability and willingness to perform moderate physical tasks, such as lifting, carrying, bending, continuous standing.
• Perform metallurgy preparation including cross section, grinding, polishing and etching.
• Conducts weld evaluation and measurement using microscopes. Perform routine and non-routine mechanical testing using Instron, macro and micro hardness testers. Conducts weld evaluation and measurement using microscopes. Maintains documentation of all tests performed, and reports the data in the system properly
• High School Diploma/GED and some related certificate or 20 credit hours towards a technical degree
• Minimum of three years related experience or combination of formal education and experience of which one year hands on experience is required Insert
• Must be able to repeatedly push, pull and lift 40 lbs. From floor to above shoulders. Must attend and pass respirator certification tests and hazardous materials certifications.
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written. Knowledge and competence of basic PC computer tasks, such as email, internet browsing, and knowledgeable of basic features of Excel, Word and Power Point. Must be able to pass Hazardous Materials Training class
• Calibrates and maintains test equipment.
If you are interested in this An Associate Lab Test Technician job in Mesa, AZ then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technology go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Fari at 480-636-4016 or email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled