Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For addition information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/ or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Johnson Controls is currently hiring a Technician I
at the site in The Woodlands, Tx. The technician is responsible for testing, calibrating, basic troubleshooting and some assembly on Detcon assemblies. Job Responsibility
Job Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Sets up and test production products to ensure proper operation per established test criteria.
- Calibrates gas detection sensor to Detcon standards.
- Recognizes failures and takes appropriate action to resolve the issue.
- Able to operate hand tools and small power tools and understand their use and function.
- Inspects all work before passing on to the next operation.
- Keeps supervisor appraised off all unresolved and/or potential problems that would affect production schedules.
- Provides support to Production Leads, Production Supervisor or Production Manager on all production assignments.
- PIC programming
- Assist as required in other assembly/test areas
Associates Degree preferred or equivalent. Technical Skills
Some troubleshooting knowledge is a plus. JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer
JCI offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including a 401(k) with company match.
JCI is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future. Diversity and inclusion are key drivers to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
JCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.