Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Technician III, Microbiology, located in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (“JJVC”) specializes in disposable contact lenses, which it markets under ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. Ever since the ACUVUE® Brand transformed vision correction in 1988 with the world's first soft disposable contact lenses, we've passionately pursued new technologies and the highest quality standards. We're proud that ACUVUE® lenses are worn by more people than any other brand.
The Technician III, Microbiology
- Establishes and maintains quality assurance programs, procedures and controls, ensuring that performance parameters of both the products and quality systems elements are continually measured to drive improvement initiatives associated with the QA Microbiology Laboratory.
- Supports, monitors and validates routine and non-routine microbiological testing.
- Makes and records observations and calculations.
- Collects and prepares data for evaluation.
- Performs technical and recordkeeping duties in conformance with company and regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements.
- Responsible for archiving all documentation on tests that have been performed and keeping specifications up-to-date regarding ISO requirements.
- This position serves as a backup in the Associate Scientists' absence.
- Adheres to environmental policy and procedures and supports department environmental objectives.
- Assists in Microbiological testing support for manufacturing lines to include product and environment monitoring qualifications and requalification’s.
- Provides microbiological testing support to DI water and Soln. systems.
- Assists in sterilizer equipment qualifications.
Assists in the development, writing, and revision of internal department procedures.
- Assists and/or performs media preparation and QC checks for microbiological testing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High School education (or equivalent) plus 2-4 years of lab experience
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment and provide quality customer service
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- 1-3 years of QA Microbiology laboratory experience is preferred
- Experience using aseptic technique is required
- Understanding of GLP and GMP required
- Technical writing experience is preferred
- The ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision is required
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)Job Function