Technician Job Description
We have multiple openings for both Engineering Technician and Manufacturing Technician roles. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly. This US based position does not experience a shortage of qualified U.S. Workers. Intel limits its sponsorship of individuals possessing temporary work authorization or requiring a visa to those positions for which we experience a shortage of qualified and available U.S. Workers. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a US Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government.
Engineering Technicians are responsible for technical functions in support of engineering activities such as design, test, checkout, modifications, fabrications, of design circuitry, electromechanical systems, or specialized test equipment. Conducts engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to collect data or assist in research work. May perform operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment. Assignments are semi routine in nature. Work performed within generally defined parameters. Some degree of judgment required in resolving nonstandard problems. Normally receives general instructions on most work. Engineering Technicians are typically day shift positions
Manufacturing Technicians perform functions associated with all wafer production including operations, equipment, process and training. Collect and evaluate operating data to conduct online equipment adjustment and ensure process optimization. Responsible for running lots in a qualitative way. Also, responsible for preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, spares, and sustaining. In addition, the Manufacturing Technician is responsible for improvement processes, troubleshooting nonstandard events in the production line, and reviewing technological health and stability. The Manufacturing Technician may be responsible for the buddy, trainer, and certifier levels and is in charge of updating training manuals. May participate in safety forums and Emergency Response Team as required. Work is somewhat complex and is performed within the spectrum ranging from narrowly defined parameters and limited judgment up to highly complex and nonstandard assignments in nature and broadly defined parameters. High degree of judgment and initiative is required in resolving complex nonstandard problems and developing recommendations. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, and detailed instructions on new work. The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and possess positive interpersonal skills.
- Possess a strong personal focus on safety for themselves and those around them.
This position requires working a compressed work schedule 12-hour shift three days per week and a fourth day every other week. Depending on the position, it may be a day or night shift role.Qualifications Minimum qualifications:
Additional qualifications: (Depending on specific positions)
- Associates of Science degree in engineering discipline, including but not limited to Microelectronics, Electronic Engineering Technology, Computer Electronic Engineering Technology, or CAD.
- Candidates with a BS degree in engineering discipline will also be considered.
- Able to perform physical tasks associated with equipment, equipment repair, detailed visual inspection, and standing/sitting for extended period of time.
- Must have a legal or permanent right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
Inside this Business Group
- Knowledge of electrical debug and analyses, optical microscopy, X-ray, mechanical cross-sections, SSM, SEM, EDX, and FIB.
- W.S, JMP, Allegro, Mentor, basic statistical analysis.
- Ability to communicate findings verbally and through reports to yield engineers, LYA analysts, and other requestors as needed.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner with a variety of different individuals in a fast paced, technical environment.
- Ability to work effectively in an ambiguous environment where changing priorities and the norm.
- Basic understanding of signal integrity routing principles and techniques.
- Basic understanding of PCB stack-up, materials, and PCB manufacturing processes.
- Familiarity with Allegro® Constraint Manger a plus.
- Familiarity with schematic symbol/PCB footprint creation a plus
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on EarthOther Locations
US, Oregon, Hillsboro; Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.