Duties and Responsibilities:
• Programs fire alarm and security panels
• Installs appropriate devices; dismantles and reconstructs equipment as required by customer or the Company.
• Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
• Contacts customers prior to the date of scheduled installation to verify schedule.
• Prepares estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor.
• Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures.
• Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service.
• Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
• Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
• May work with other installers who are dedicated to a large Commercial and/or National Accounts project.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Some technical school training desired or Associate degree in Electronics.
• 2 to 4 years field electrical and electronic equipment experience with demonstrated mechanical aptitude of fire alarm systems.
• NICET Level II (Recommended)
• Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
• Ability to operate hand and power tools. Ability to operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
• Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.
• Valid driver's license.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.