At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Service Technician for the Personal Safety Division/Self Contained Breathing Apparatus and Gas Detection/Direct Service Group located in Saint Louis, Missouri. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Service Technician
will... Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Must successfully complete certification training on Scott SCBA products, including the use of specific tools and test equipment
- Demonstrate competency in the general understanding and usage of technical manuals, drawings, and processes
- Demonstrate competency in the selection and usage of standard hand and power tools
- Conduct evaluations and root cause analysis of returned products to determine corrective actions and appropriate parts needed repairs
- Operate in a fast-paced environment with safety of personnel and equipment on a regular basis
- Demonstrate Job Safety Analysis while performing daily tasks within the Service Center
- Effectively communicate with other team members and supervisory personnel on repair projects and potential issues
- Effectively communicate, coordinate, and process any purchase orders needed with the factory for replacement parts
- Ability to maintain and control effective inventory management on a daily basis
- High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum six months of experience or knowledge on hydraulics, mechanical design, air supplied systems, compressors, and small engines
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university in a mechanical or technical discipline
- Minimum one (1) year of experience or knowledge on hydraulics, mechanical design, air supplied systems, compressors, and small engines
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical, and air supplied tools
- Ability to lift and place items or products in excess of 25lbs on a regular basis
: Saint Louis, MissouriTravel:
May include up to 25% domesticRelocation:
Is not authorized
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.