This position is for a Technologist with emphasis on Open Source Java development within Charter’s Service Activation group to develop middleware applications in a Services Oriented Architecture environment. This group is responsible for the designing and engineering of enterprise provisioning systems for High Speed Data, Voice (VoIP), and Video products.Essential Job Functions:
A successful candidate, as a member of the Service Activation development team, will be responsible for software development on one of Charter's service provisioning systems, such as the Instant Stack Web Services. This position is involved in the full software development lifecycle from requirement review, solution design, coding, unit testing, deployment, documentation, and operations support. The Instant Stack Web Services are a collection of microservices written in Java and utilize many open source libraries/frameworks such as Spring Boot, CXF, Hibernate, and Maven. We are currently in the process of containerizing these services using Docker and deploying them via Mesosphere.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- On-time delivery of assigned tasks and a high level of product quality
- Working with and under the supervision of senior development staff in all phases of the development and implementation process
- Working as part of a cross functional team to create and/or review product requirements, functional specifications, detailed designs, implementations, unit/integration testing and deployment
- Work with the operations group to communicate/knowledge transfer product details and support triaging production issues
- Evaluate new technologies and products
- Carry out internal tests to evaluate various design, concepts, performance and features of applications.
- A background of Open Source Java development experience is desired
- Understanding of Unix and Linux based operating systems
- Understanding of enterprise application design, web applications, and Services Oriented Architectures
- Candidate must be a team player, with an inherent ability to work well under tight timelines, changing priorities, and have strong problem-solving capabilities
- Required to share experience, skills, and talents with associates
- May be required to do production support in a 24 X 7 Operations environment
- Ability to write and manage code for applications using the following technologies: Java, Spring (Core, Boot, Security, MVC, Web, Beans, Data), SLF4J, Logback, Maven, Junit, Tomcat (or app container) , Unix, Git (or other VCS)
- Experience in the following technologies is a plus: CXF, Aspects, Hibernate, Oracle Database, Mockito, Powermock, Docker, Jenkins, Artifactory, Jira, BitBucket, Confluence, Splunk, Mesosphere
- Knowledge of design patterns and Test Driven Development experience is highly desirable.
- BS in Computer Science (or related discipline) with 0 - 5 years of experience OR MS in Computer Science (or related discipline) with 0 - 3 years of experience
Charter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Charter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.