At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
• Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
• Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase
• Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT annually since 2009
• Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" annually since 2010
• 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures.
Assists in analyzing and researching business opportunities and IT-based solutions for a business function or technology area that are projected to deliver significant business value and where they may require a change to IT&S infrastructure, current business/clinical processes or present significant technical or operational risk. Works with other analysts and team members to ensure requirements, functional designs, and issues are addressed. Provides recognized business and technical domain knowledge, coupled with subject matter expertise in analyzing and collaborating on business opportunities and IT-based solutions.
Provides research functions, as directed by leadership, based upon requests from various stakeholders inside IT&S as well as key business leaders. Gathers technical documentation and reference material while leveraging external and internal resources to deliver a comprehensive view of a technical focus area, while collaborating with architects to ensure IT&S alignment.
The candidate will be involved in:
• Provide supporting research of new technologies for potential use with the delivery of healthcare
• Maintain knowledge on current and emerging technology trends both consumer and business oriented
• Providing documentation on specific needs, requirements and capabilities focused on a specific business or IT function
• Assist Enterprise Architects in documenting and communicating technical direction and strategies
• Assist in defining and documenting technical roadmaps mapped to business capabilities
• Assist in managing the Enterprise Architecture for the organization
• Presenting prepared material to various levels of the organization
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
1 or more years
College Graduate Preferred
OTHER /SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to communicate complex concepts
• Strong presentation skills
• Must exhibit a strong attention to detail coupled with an ability to multi-task
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills
• Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals at various levels within the organization
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Sitting at desk for prolonged periods
• Limited Travel
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom