Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Collaborate with subject matter experts in those units to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in most or all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in new or revised application.
- Develop detailed specifications of application and document in a form that it can be used for coding application.
- Perform or review coding done to render specifications into application functionalities, screens, or outputs.
- Develop test plan and/or test application in development status or debug application in production mode.
- Document or review documentation of steps in specification development, coding, testing and user acceptance for future reference and for internal control purposes.
- May lead a small project or a segment of a larger project.
- May mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS\
- 2 years of related experience
• Experience implementing multi-tiered, Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) software applications required.
• Experience with design and implementation of data exchange interfaces using any variety of data exchange technologies desired (e.g. SFTP, AS2, web services).
• Knowledge of XML, HTML and web technologies preferred.
• Experience with systems development life cycle (SDLC) required, and experience with the Agile methodology desired.
• Working knowledge of Windows Server and Windows Network services preferred (e.g. IIS, Active Directory, etc.).
• Working knowledge of mail exchange services desired.
• Working knowledge of UNIX-based operating systems and services preferred.
• Working knowledge of MS SQL, Oracle, SQL scripting and RDBMS concepts strongly preferred.
• Ability to produce technical design or solution documentation required.
• Strong analytical and technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Strong written and spoken communication skills required.
• Strong team player who works well in highly collaborative teams and individually.
• Strong critical thinking skills required.
• Working knowledge of development services tools preferred (e.g. Rally/Jira, Jenkins, HP ALM, DOORS, ClearQuest, etc.)
• Eager to learn new technical skills, genuine interest in understanding business context, and develop expertise in various technologies and business processes.
• Experience with implementation of Legal specific solutions preferred (e.g. electronic billing and matter management, document management, and knowledge management systems).
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.