The Global Technology Services (IT) CAO team seeks a skilled candidate who can successfully lead and execute strategic initiatives to create significant value for the organization. This is an internal consulting and program/project management role to lead State Street's Technology Business Management (TBM) efforts. Successful candidates will have significant experience implementing TBM tools and processes to facilitate IT cost transparency efforts in organizations of similar scale. Associate or principal level consulting experience with a top-tier management consulting firm or a comparable equivalent a plus.
- Defines and implements TBM strategy independently and in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages multiple projects and teams concurrently including strategic planning project management execution and communication.
- Facilitates working sessions of medium to large sized groups across all levels of the organization.
- Executes projects autonomously with minimal guidance/oversight. Must be proactive and take initiative.
- Collaborates and contributes effectively in a team environment and builds strong relationships with team members including virtual (distributed and indirect) teams.
- Ability to conduct strategic research on client industry and technical matters and provide summary on insights trends and benchmarks.
- Develops requests for information and templates in a clear and concise manner to ensure effective data gathering and analysis.
- Provides regular status updates identifies risks/issues and develops recommended mitigation approaches to managers.
- Extensive experience implementing TBM tools and processes to facilitate IT cost transparency efforts organizations of similar scale.
- Effective in strategic analysis and operational execution. Highly experienced in written communications (e.g. PPT) and skilled in developing executive-level presentations.
- Proven quantitative and analytical skills (e.g. Excel, R) and able to analyze large and complex datasets and develop relevant metrics and reporting quickly and accurately. Highly proficient in financial and accounting principles analysis and reporting.
- Candidates must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects concurrently in an independent manner.
- Candidate will be proficient in defining and implementing communication strategy with mastery of both written and oral form and be able to negotiate and handle difficult situations effectively. Effective understanding and targeting of communications by stakeholder group.
- Creative and innovative with strong analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to frame complex problems and develop recommended solutions.
- Must be highly analytical in problem-solving and decision-making and be comfortable in defining and implementing data driven decision making processes.
- Successful candidates will have 2-3 years of management associate-level consulting experience with a top-tier strategy consulting firm or a comparable equivalent.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.