McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Technology Controls Testing Manager - Technology Risk Management
Title: Technology Controls Testing Manager - Technology Risk Management
The Technology Risk Management -Technology Controls Testing Team, within Enterprise Services Business Chief Risk Office (ES BCRO) is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Technology Controls Testing Manager. The ideal candidate will have strong strategic and risk-based thinking skills as well as good organizational and communication skills. A proven background in technology based controls testing, technology assessments, and audit methodology is required.
This role involves understanding of technology risk, controls, testing and the ability to clearly communicate gaps between control intent and control execution and performance. In addition, the ideal candidate will be able to identify key controls, and perform risk based testing of technology controls, and compose clear and concise grounding for findings. A proven record of working with process and functional areas in the lines of business, to perform first and/or second line testing as well as follow-up activities necessary for failed controls is desired. This will be a challenging role in a dynamic and fast-paced environment requiring ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments appropriately.
- Strong working knowledge of Access Management and Cloud control applicability
- Ability to follow and recommend improvements to documented planning, testing, and reporting procedures and testing methodology
- Operate within a highly collaborative remote team environment to deliver value added opinions and recommendations
- Demonstrate ability to understand, design execute, and validate internal controls and testing for complex processes and requirements
- Offer and ground suggestions to ensure adherence with all corporate policies and standards, regulatory requirements and Industry Best Practices
- Understand risk exposure for applicable controls as well as evaluate mitigating controls for the risk exposure
- Perform testing tasks of complex difficulty, demonstrating a degree of “professional skepticism” to challenge the relevance and effectiveness of controls based on results
- Interact with Audit and other stakeholders and risk representatives from multiple lines of business
- Serve as liaison and consultant and evaluate impact of new technologies, processes or tools within the technology control area
- Establish and maintain good client relations during testing engagements. Assist in communicating the results of some audit projects to management via written reports and oral presentations
- Ability to work with strategic direction to plan and implement tactical tasks required to deliver on the strategy
- Ability to leverage working knowledge of Technology focused controls and/or audit testing methodologies
- Use working knowledge of Industry standards related to technology controls
- Ability to communicate effectively to stakeholders
- Develop and leverage understanding of IT risks and risk mitigation
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification, or Military experience
- At least 3 Years’ experience in Controls Testing or IT Audit
- At least 2 Years’ experience in Information Technology
- At least 2 Years’ experience in people management
- Bachelors' Degree
- CISA, or CRISC, or CRCM, or CAMS, or CIPP Risk Management Certification, or CCSK, or CSA certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.