UTC Aerospace Systems, Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) - a leader in the design and manufacturing of sensors and precision instrumentation for commercial, military, and business and regional jet aircraft worldwide - is looking for talented and motivated individuals with expertise in Additive Manufacturing and other advanced manufacturing technologies. This Technology Development Engineer will be a member of the Technology organization that is responsible for advanced manufacturing capabilities like additive manufacturing across SIS.
The Technology Development Engineers should be capable of leading projects that advance current and future manufacturing processes. The focus is on the advancement of manufacturing technologies, including implementation into existing products, and the development of new designs and methods to produce aerospace components and products.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and support the application of additive manufacturing into current and future manufacturing processes.
- Mature additive applications through the company manufacturing and technology development process.
- Identify applications that can benefit from additive manufacturing.
- Work with multi-discipline teams to establish quality system standards and documentation for additively manufactured parts.
- Document part and product specifications, design drawings, and maintain in company configuration management system.
- Create qualification tests plans, procedures, and reports
- Manage product test and certification programs.
- Participate in Make/Buy decisions, partnerships, etc.
This position will be based in Burnsville, MN. Qualifications
Knowledge and experience in additive manufacturing of metal power bed fusion and other additive technologies, including additive post processes (HIP, Heat Treat, chemical milling, grit finishing, extrude hone, etc.) is desired. Successful candidate will possess or demonstrate the ability to learn the following experience/skills:
- Experience with laser powder bed systems and other additive manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge in powder metallurgy, material science, brazing, and welding.
- Experience establishing AM process flow
- Material development knowledge
- Aptitude with design tools, computer aided modeling, data analysis, and process design
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing training and experience
- Experience working with additive manufacturing, automation, and CNC programing.
- Experience with Pro Engineer and various 3D printing software tools.
- Aerospace experience.
Candidate must be a US citizen. Education
- The position requires a candidate with a Masters in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- PhD in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with 3 years' experience preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems