Technology Development Program - University of Wisconsin
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? Do you want to experiment and innovate using the latest technologies to engineer breakthrough customer experiences?
Then we want you!
We recruit for two technical roles within our Technology Development Program:
• Chart the digital frontier in one of our Mobile (Native), Web, or API development
• Build out our analytic capabilities using modern data technologies
• Deploy robust data products and services, as well as, enable rich visualization, data exploratory, and machine learning capabilities. Use open source technologies (Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, Kafka, Pig, Python, NoSQL databases, etc.) and deploy applications in the cloud (AWS, Azure)
As a member of our two-year, Technology Development Program (TDP), you'll have the freedom to explore different roles, teams and technologies while zeroing-in on the career that's right for you. Designed as a career accelerator to foster the next generation of leading talent, the Technology Development Program provides the framework to develop world-class technical skills and gain a comprehensive understanding of technology -- from application and data development to cyber security and beyond.
Here is what we offer:
• A challenging role where you’ll collaborate with a diverse and passionate team of talented engineers
• Technical mentorship and training through Meet Ups, Conferences, and Tech Talks to build out your skillset on topics such iOS and Android, AWS, Open Source Big Data tools, Security, Voice Driven Applications, and more
• Ongoing professional and personal training through our award-winning Capital One University
• The opportunity to rotate roles and geographies
• Fun social, networking, and volunteer events with peers and executives
• Current student or alumni of The University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Will obtain or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2015 and August 2017
-In process of obtaining a Bachelors Degree or higher in a technical and/or quantitative discipline, including computer science, computer engineering, information systems, information technology, and mathematics
-Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and conceptual skills
-Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.