If you are ready to take the next step in your career, Intel is the place for you.
At Intel you will have the opportunity to work with top talent that will increase your opportunities to develop your career and discover more of what you can do.
Technology Development Quality and Reliability Engineering (QRE) is a fast paced, dynamic environment requiring decision making at the strategic and tactical levels. A successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter able to identify the critical challenges and deliver global solutions. Collaborative working relationships with critical stakeholders in Intel's technology development, manufacturing and business unit are a cornerstone of the effective QRE. Quality & reliability engineers have the opportunity to positively impact partner groups, and Intel overall. The position offers high visibility, with the opening to influence Intel's next generation packaging technology, for a candidate with strong analytical skills and exception technical fundamentals. In this position, you will be responsible for Q&R assessments of packaging technologies currently under development.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Influencing new package technology design, process and material decisions through the development of quality and reliability risk assessments leveraging historical data, analytical modelling capabilities and fundamental technical knowledge.
- Statistical analysis of quality and reliability data extracted from products and assembly test vehicles to predict field reliability performance
- Providing technical inputs on the design of silicon test chips and package assembly test vehicles
- Designing and executing experiments to identify new failure mechanisms, determine fundamental technology enveloped and define root cause solutions
- Development and execution of efficient, robust and salient technology certification strategies and plans
- Clear communication of results and the impact, associated risks and recommendations within the QnR community and with partner organizations
- Supporting early product high volume production as part of technology transfer to high volume factories
- Development of improved Q&R methods and business processes
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral treats:
• Demonstrated strength in technical and analytical problem solving.
• Experience in empirical data collection and statistical data analysis, reliability statistics, and design of experiments.
• Clarity in communication skills: able to make the complex simple and understood by a wide audience.
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team setting with people from a wide range of backgrounds. Experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams to achieve extraordinary results.
• Mature, self-assured, disciplined, well organized and ability to manage tasks and time to ensure that business needs are met
• Received a M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, or Physics. Aerospace Engineering and Industrial Engineering candidates will also be considered, if they have relevant coursework or experience.
• Experience in semiconductor fabrication process, packaging assembly, and/or board system technology operations.
• Familiarity with a range of imaging and analytical lab test equipment such as acoustic and x-ray imaging, SEM/EDX/TEM techniques
• Capable of basic programming or scripting for data analysis. Experience with statistical software, MATLAB, Excel Macros, or equivalent is a plus.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.