We currently have an opportunity for Technology Development Representatives with expertise in applied field research and agronomic sciences to provide technical leadership to a select geography within the state of Wisconsin. Technology Development Representatives are key members of teams that support the product development and commercial product expansion of our new corn and soybean products.
The Technology Development Representative is an exciting and unique role in Monsanto. The role plays an important step in the final testing and development of products, generally a couple of years before the product launches and then continued work through and after launch. It also has the responsibility of ensuring technical leadership in developing and transferring key knowledge to the sales organization so the commercial product will be properly positioned and used by growers. This role allows individuals to work with many different functions in Monsanto from sales, marketing, regulatory, biotechnology, and breeding to just mention a few. The role is quite unique in that is has both a research and commercial focus.
- Plan and execute a field research program that evaluates new corn and soybean germplasm
- Determine and demonstrate the value, positioning and agronomic fit of Monsanto products in local grower production systems
- Actively participate and lead protocol development and product advancement decisions
- Establish and manage field research to assess novel pipeline biotechnology traits in corn, soybean and other crops
- Contract and coordinate academic and crop consultant testing and research program
- Ensure proper stewardship of products including weed resistance and insect resistance management
- Ensure regulatory compliance with broad Federal and State regulatory requirements
- Ensure timely data entry and quality
- Direct and manage local trials in conjunction with sales teams to generate features and benefits data and associated support materials (handouts, presentations)
- Provide product and agronomic training for internal sales team and external seed & retail partners
- Build strong working relationships with key influencers including academia, crop consultants, commodity/grower groups and others
- Identify and assess new technology based business opportunities
- Assist sales organization with performance inquiries requiring advanced agronomic and product knowledge
- MS degree in Agronomy, Weed Science, Entomology or related discipline
- Hands on production experience with corn, soybean or other field crops
- Effectively demonstrate self motivation, initiative, assertiveness, and results orientation
- Successfully work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to successfully work in teams
- Willingness to relocate
- Strong people and communication skills
- Desire for long term career advancement (i.e. Research, Marketing or other areas)
- Good computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office/Outlook).
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment
- Ability to lift 60 pounds if necessary (a bag of seed)
- Ability to pass a driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.).
- Federal regulations from the Department of Transportation cover this position and mandate the passing of certain pre-employment requirements, such as a background check, drug test and physical.
- Ph.D. in Agronomy, Weed Science, Entomology or related discipline
- 3+ years experience preferred in agronomic sciences or a related field with emphasis on applied field research
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.