In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers' lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company's mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable. Job Location
United States : North Carolina : Charlotte Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable Job Description
The Brighthouse Technology Director is responsible for the following:
- Manages multiple complex application development projects and portfolio of technology applications / assets
- Develops technology strategy to support business strategy and key priorities
- Works with the customer to ensure technology solutions are defined, prioritized, designed, delivered and maintained to deliver on business objectives
- Identifies, secures and oversees the resources required to support the work.
- Ensures appropriate oversight, governance and communications
- Provides SME (subject matter expertise) support to the team
- Directs staff who work jointly with the business to deliver Technology strategy, projects, services and capabilities
- Articulates the benefits and capabilities of Technology; managing client relations to ensure that application delivery expectations are developed, managed and met and ensuring business partner support
- Ensures alignment of strategic and financial plans and priorities between Technology and business partners. Drives recommendations into the annual strategic planning process, ensuring outputs are aligned to the highest strategic priorities
- Leads and chairs service level, initiative and financial review meetings with customers and partners
- Responsible for solution delivery across scope, timeline and cost. Develops high-level work plans, schedules, estimates, resource plans and budget. Monitors results for significant deviations; invokes contingency plans when necessary. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables
- Defines and oversees team's use of performance metrics and client-driven reporting on key initiatives and metrics
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and shares knowledge of risks, opportunities and services available to build a competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of the business
- Manages, motivates and develops staff; identifying and addressing training and development needs
- Improves team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure efficiency and boost morale
- Collaborates with peers to establish best practices and service consistency.
- Continually works to identify cost saving initiatives to reduce/control expenses.
- Develops vendor statements of work, deliverables and SLAs
- Responsible for monthly financial management and administrative activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required Dimensions:
- Full people management responsibility, including hiring, firing, promotions, performance, compensation management and training & development
- Directs members of the organization, ensures alignment of resources across functions and matrix
- Manages the relationship of vendor sourced solutions and consultants, ensuring vendor performance and deliverables meet contract specifications Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of broad experience in technology or business roles (including application development, architecture , risk management, operations and engineering) with progressive responsibility, preferably within the financial services industry
- 5+ years of experience managing teams
- Proven track record for large-scale technology delivery
- Possesses strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Executive level technical and customer service management experience
- Extensive business acumen with broad range of exposure to business units
- Superior customer relationship, communications and presentation skills
- Comprehensive to expert knowledge with technology concepts and system development lifecycle methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall, Iterative, etc.); Agile experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of software and infrastructure products / services and technology portfolio and program management
- Extensive experience with managing vendors, consultants and / or offshore teams desired
- Analytic and strategic thinker capable of translating senior-level direction and corporate risk management policies and procedures into structured, practical, efficient and effective business processes. Able to achieve results in a matrix setting through stewardship, influence, motivation and change leadership
- Problem-solver with the ability to translate qualitative and quantitative information into actionable recommendations
- Strong leader with demonstrated sound business judgment. Able to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of peers and other senior leaders. Develops talent for the future.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills - including oral and written communications, relationship building, collaboration, influencing, negotiation and conflict mediation - across a broad range of levels in the organization
- Advanced skills in business management tools including: email, the Internet, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Project and Access
- Experience working with project and technology portfolio management and risk management tools and data facilities Preferred Qualifications
- Financial Services and / or Insurance Industry experience preferred
- Preferred background in corporate functions that include: Accounting, Actuarial, Financial Planning & Analysis, Human Resources, Reinsurance, Tax, and / or Treasury Required Education
- Bachelor's degree and related field experience required Travel
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 13M