Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Document design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interface, partner, and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
- Propose appropriate changes to standards, policies, and procedure based on emerging business/technology trends and operational challenges with the existing guidelines utilizing performance metric and operational SLA
- Plan for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
- Design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards
- Maintain and operate the application design. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
- Define success criteria for validation of technology solution and application designs
- Develop and document an integrated test plan for certification of technology solutions and application design in compliance with existing best practices
- Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS Must have the following Skills and Abilities:
- 6 years of related experience
• Mastery level knowledge of supporting, managing and implementing Microsoft Windows 10 and legacy Operating Systems
• Function as a subject matter expert for OSD (operating system deployment) & Windows as a Service (Windows 10 WaaS).
• Continued creation and maintenance of Operating System Deployment (OSD) task sequences with SCCM (Systems Center Configuration Manager), MDT (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit), and OMS (Operations Management Suite)
• 7 years dedicated to Microsoft enterprise software and platforms
• Experience designing and implementing Persona Management Solutions using RES Workspace Manager, AppSense, etc Experience with Group Policy processing and troubleshooting across various computing platforms including servers, web servers, desktops etc.
• Must have significant Microsoft Windows Engineering and Administration, as well as Infrastructure Knowledge
• Experience in application interaction with operating systems, including the Windows registry, COM object registration, system/user variables and user-centric data related to application settings
• Proficiency with scripting languages (Python, PowerShell [DSC preferred], etc.)
• This position will provide 24/7 coverage for Desktop Engineering Services
• The candidate must have proven End User interaction with various End Users and able to maintain ticket SLA's for responding to User Requests promptly
• Thrives in a highly regulated and fast paced and changing environment with proven multitasking skills and focus on details and accuracy
• Create and maintain programmatic and technical documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution including design, installation, and administration documentation
• Define architecture standards, policies, and procedures for the organization, structure, attributes, design documentation, data flow, security and nomenclature of data elements
• Apply accepted data content standards to technology projects and initiatives Nice to have Skills and Abilities:
• Experience with Virtualization Technologies primarily Xen - VMWare and vSphere
• Experience in cloud computing markets and integrations (AWS, Azure, DO and related)
• Experience with system automation technologies such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible and others
• The use of interpreted programming languages, like Python, in support of automated system administration
• Should have experience with Apple MacOS Support and Management
• Configuration of Patch Management using Configuration Manager 2012 R2 and Microsoft WSUS
• 5 years technical leadership responsibilities EMPLOYMENT
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.