Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Document design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interface, partner, and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
- Propose appropriate changes to standards, policies, and procedure based on emerging business/technology trends and operational challenges with the existing guidelines utilizing performance metric and operational SLA
- Plan for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
- Design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards
- Maintain and operate the application design. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
- Define success criteria for validation of technology solution and application designs
- Develop and document an integrated test plan for certification of technology solutions and application design in compliance with existing best practices
- Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Solutions-focused IT professional with technical skills in physical and virtual infrastructure encompassing compute, network, storage areas; Well-versed in designing high availability/clustering solutions along with broad knowledge of DevOps, Agile, CI/CD and ITSM best practices.
- 6 years of UNIX and LINUX experience including designing, building and maintaining the operating system environments running Database, App and Web servers. (Oracle/Tomcat/JBoss/Apache)
- Significant experience with Data Center migration, Physical/Virtual host provisioning, Business Continuity and Technical Resiliency testing to support applications' required RTO/RPO.
- Demonstrated success in large, multi-year technology implementations with multiple projects and work streams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels; Mastery of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Project Server
- Partnering with stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation in the IT infrastructure domain while ensuring risks are understood and minimized
- Experience in a primary liaison role between Business Units and Enterprise Infrastructure support teams with a sharp focus on business outcomes.
- Keen interest in technology innovation with a penchant for learning new technologies such as machine learning/AI, robotics and conduct studies to provide more efficient and cost effective engineering solutions
- Highly organized and prepared for quickly adjusting to changing priorities in a complex application environment.
- Ability to lead infrastructure discussions for building, configuring and deploying application environments with emphasis on usability and end user experience.
- Experience and ability to work across different stakeholder teams across the Enterprise and influence successful application releases
- Hands-on development/scripting experience for automating solutions to address common infrastructure tasks.
- Good understanding of data analysis using AWS EMR, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig and Spark.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.