Job Location: [[Oriskany, NY]] Alternative Locations: Bloomfield CT, Aurora IL
Global Operations (Global Ops) focuses on creating positive experiences for MetLife customers and helping the company make the best use of its global resources. We’re looking for unique talent with fresh perspectives that can propel innovation. In this role you be responsible for supporting the User Acceptance Testing effort. Acts as a liaison between the business and IT personnel to support system enhancements and design activities until deployed to production and post-implementation testing has been completed.
- Under minimal supervision oversee small to midsize projects that span across multiple areas, applications and functions and/or lines of business.
- Develops and revises test plans, specifications, test cases and schedules and prepares test scripts. Identify, track and help resolve defects. Record test results on time and with quality.
- Attend business requirements review sessions.
- Ensure traceability from requirements, functional requirements and change request to UAT test scenarios.
- Support and participate in QA test scenario review to identify gaps.
- Ability to identify opportunities for automation.
- Ability to provide guidance to lower level staff members during UAT.
- Ensure sign off is received on UAT testing approach and testing results, from business experts and partners.
- Prepare applicable documentation including SOX Compliance, for sign off.
- Manage testing timelines and progress independently.
- Communicate status, defects and progress clearly and consistently. Create or update reports with status as needed.
- Plan, Facilitate, or assist with meetings as needed to accomplish individual, team and/or project goals.
- Ability to identify risk and issues, collaborate and partner with others and proactively plan to mitigate.
- Problem solving and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to interact with databases via SQL
- Knowledge of software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), testing process and methodologies, E2E, Waterfall, Agile, V model, Risk Based testing etc and when to leverage each.
- Knowledge of Quality Center
- Disability or Tam experience preferred
- Possess strong knowledge of Microsoft tools (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Project Management skills
- High School Diploma Required
Global Technology and Operations
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 36583
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.