West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Technology Market Research Principal Associate
Capital One is seeking a Market Research Principal Associate to join our Enterprise Brand Insights team in support of Technology Marketing. This group provides consumer insights and analysis that informs marketing, advertising, and brand building strategies for the company. This role is focused on delivering insights to fuel our marketing to the developer and technology hardware community.
As a valued member of the team you will…
- Consult with technology product managers and marketing strategists to develop and implement a diverse learning agenda
- Utilize your knowledge of market research techniques to make recommendations on how to efficiently fill knowledge gaps. Research could include, but not be limited to, qualitative, quantitative (including surveys, segmentations, & conjoint analyses), on site at industry events/conferences, secondary, social listening, and competitive analysis
- Understand and analyze research findings to develop impactful insights that drive strategy and decision making
- Effectively present marketing research insights to business partners and stakeholders that drive action
- Continuously enhance your segment specific understanding of the technology industry
- Partner with and manage vendors as they execute research studies, including sample definition, questionnaire development, field management, analysis specifications & reporting
What you will bring to the team…
- Strong analytic skills, including the ability to read and interpret survey data sets, identify insights, and synthesize how these insights impact the business strategy
- Strong writing and presentation skills, including the ability to present research plans, recommendations and conclusions based on research insights
- Ability to travel within North America (25%)
- Experience in, and passion for, the technology industry. Prior role in a company focused on technology/software development
- Experience in planning, execution, and analysis of market research across wide range of survey techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in a primary market research role on either the supplier side or client side within the marketing research profession.
- Master’s degree.
- At least 6 years of experience in a primary market research role on either the supplier side or client side within the marketing research profession.
- At least 3 years in a “client” facing consultative role (supplier or internal).
- At least 2 years of experience at a Fortune 500 company or a company well-known for the marketing and market research disciplines.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.