Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Job Description:
State Street Global Technology Services (GTS) group is hiring a Technology Research Manager to be responsible for instantiating, fostering and managing deeply collaborative relationships with strategic partners.
The role requires broad knowledge of the IT industry as a whole, with additional depth of knowledge in modern technologies in the areas of compute, networking, storage and software. In this role, the Technology Research Manager will help to identify opportunities for strategic partnerships that align with the transformational re-engineering efforts and goals, and drive the engagements and collaborations with those partners. Specifically, the preferred candidate would drive Proof-of -Concepts with partners and venders to provide data drive analysis of key technologies. This role will influence the purchase and support of various vendor technologies.
Candidates will require excellent social and interpersonal skills, as well as the management skills necessary in guiding, mentoring, and leading a small team to successfully deliver projected results. This role comes with significant visibility to senior executives and requires excellent communication and presentation skill sets. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand strategic initiatives of technology transformation within State Street and identify opportunities for strategic vendors and partnerships.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key strategic technology partners in the industry
- Stay current on new, break-through and disruptive technologies, and continually assess candidate partners for those technologies
- Build cases for specific strategic partnerships and present those to senior State Street management, articulating the value, opportunity, and return on investment
- Negotiate collaborative project agreements with vendors and partners.
- Manage the partner relationships, including overseeing the project management of any and all collaborative projects.
- Perform regular partner performance reviews and manage resulting action plans.
- MBA and engineering degree
- Minimum of 10 years experience working in the IT Industry, preferably in highly technical roles such as IT architect, software or hardware developer, systems integration, or IT service delivery, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing business partner relationships; Existing established relationships with key IT industry partners a plus.
- Minimum 2 years experience in project management leading cross functional teams in multiple locations
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a management role with mentoring emphasis
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Technology
- Strong executive level communication and presentation skills
- Experience in the Financial Services industry an added plus
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.