Oracle Corporation is making huge global investments to deliver the most open, secure, reliable and transformative cloud platform to help its customers through their generational shift to the cloud. The company is reengineering its vast array of software and hardware assets, and retooling its sales and engineering practices, to position itself as the best cloud platform leader. With Oracle's deeply innovative culture, unique track record of delivering the most popular software platforms, and its unparalleled ability to maintain a pulse of the enterprise customers, we are the only company on the planet that is delivering the most compelling services at every layer of the cloud.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technology background within multiple IT domains. Generalists are preferred to specialists in this role as cloud conversations are not typically focused on one area in particular, but they span multiple areas in order to deliver successful customer outcomes through solutions. The ideal candidate will focus on creating business outcomes through Oracle's cloud portfolio and be a constant learner, as maintaining expertise will be an important task. The IaaS sales specialist is also responsible for enabling the existing field and should be an evangelist for our services both inside and outside of Oracle. A strong customer focus is required as many IaaS workloads start small and build over time ; constant diligence will be needed to understand the customers' continually changing business challenges. Responsibilities
The IaaS sales specialist will be responsible for the following 5 items:
- Increase the sales of our IaaS offerings by engaging directly with customers and/or working with field representatives regarding Oracle's most important customers. They will work with closely with Sales Engineering, Product Management, Product Marketing and Business Development to deliver innovative and high-value solutions to Oracles' customers.
- Dramatically increase the awareness of our IaaS offerings in our customer base and with field representatives by doing a defined set of activities and campaigns. These activities include seminars/webinars, rep and customer training, tailored messaging delivery and other demand-generation activities.
- Improve the cloud acumen of the Oracle field sales teams by partnering with field representatives to insure direct participation in all sales cycles. They will also engage in various enablement activities (trainings, lunch and learns, QBR attendance, account planning, etc.) in the markets that they are assigned.
- Engage closely with our customers' post-sale to ensure our customers are maximizing their Oracle Cloud services.
- Report and track activities in their region to ensure high cloud-based activities and opportunities.
- Experience selling Public cloud infrastructure or strongly related services at companies such as Google, AWS, Azure, Chef and Ansible
- 5 years enterprise direct sales experience with large quotas and proven success
- BS from a major university - engineering or computer science preferred
- Strong public speaking ability with desire to train others
- 5 years' experience navigating long sales cycles in a matrix environment with demonstrated experience in complex commercial structures
- Practical understanding of topics surrounding Regulatory Compliance, Security, and Data Governance
- Experience selling outsourcing solutions or services to Vertical Industries (Financial, Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Telecom, etc.); specific knowledge of business drivers and adoption patterns will be given special consideration
- Demonstrated ability to influence different buying personas (IT, Operations, Development, etc.) within the Fortune 1000 enterprise
- Expert understanding and the ability to effectively evangelize multiple cloud adoption patterns including Hybrid, Data Center and Application Modernization, re-platforming, Cloud Native, Web-scale and High-Availability
- Practical understanding of the concepts surrounding DevOps, Continuous Integration, Micro Services and their impact to organizational change
This position supports State and Local Gov't accounts in the WestQualifications:
Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
Primary job duty is to sell technology software products and related services in a defined territory. Identifies, qualifies and closes new opportunities. Manages accounts including the entire sales process from business development prospecting and specifications through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support. Leverages the Oracle sales model to maximize revenue growth and increase local market share. Builds and expands business partner revenue and self sufficiency.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years applicable experience including 7 years of technology sales experience. Ability to forecast, manage sales expenses, and successfully close new Oracle business. Business development, prospecting and presentation skills. Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability. Proven track record of exceeding sales objective and territory/account development. Experience as the focal point for clients for all sales and related issues. Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle*s competitors. Travel may be needed. Bachelor degree or equivalent.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.