Field rep specializing in Media and Entertainment. Selling Oracle Digital Media Solution software to enhance and improve production, post-production work flows for major content developers and distributors.
- Required knowledge of M&E market in California, Cloud storage strategies, media workflows, storage hardware technologies, and new disruptive media business models. Preferred some knowledge of virtual reality and gaming as well.
• Grow pipeline quarter over quarter.
• Provide weekly reporting of pipeline and forecast using the CRM automation tool.
• Make prospecting a part of the regular routine ensuring that new prospects are being added to the pipeline on a consistent basis.
• Manage a complex, enterprise solution sale with a 3 month to 12 months purchasing cycle.
• Move the sale through the entire sales process ending after the reception of a Purchase Order.
• Continually learn about new products and improve selling skills.
• Remain informed about current industry trends and talk intelligently about the industry.
• Become familiar with all Company's Partner relationships and how they relate to Company sales.
• Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
• Attend and participate in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows.
• Prepare written presentations, reports and price quotations.
• Manage commercial negotiations.
• Assist in contract negotiations.
• Manage sales pipeline for his assigned territory.
• Upsell and sell additional products/services into existing clients.
• Effectively and efficiently employ Company's resources (sales engineering, management ...) at appropriate stages in the sales cycle; matching level for level, to grow and advance the sale.
• Define and execute territory sales plans.
• Develop positive relationships with other employees in Marketing, Professional Services, Support, Finance, Engineering and other departments as needed.
Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
Primary job duty is to sell technology software products and related services in a defined territory. Identifies, qualifies and closes new opportunities. Manages accounts including the entire sales process from business development prospecting and specifications through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support. Leverages the Oracle sales model to maximize revenue growth and increase local market share. Builds and expands business partner revenue and self sufficiency.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years applicable experience including 7 years of technology sales experience. Ability to forecast, manage sales expenses, and successfully close new Oracle business. Business development, prospecting and presentation skills. Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability. Proven track record of exceeding sales objective and territory/account development. Experience as the focal point for clients for all sales and related issues. Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle*s competitors. Travel may be needed. Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.