Enterprise Sales Executive- Integrated Cloud, Applications & Platform Services- Oracle Linux & Virtualization Sales
Oracle delivers world class Linux and Virtualization solutions for international business customers. We are seeking a Senior Sales Executive that can sell our solutions to senior business and technical decision makers in major global corporations headquartered in the US and Canada.
Oracle Linux enables organizations to meet future needs by providing optimal application performance, minimal downtime, reduced security and corporate compliance risk and lower total operating costs. We aim to make Oracle Linux the world leading Linux distribution solution. Oracle Linux Premier Support provides world class global 24x7 support and problem resolution in 145 countries. We believe the quality of this support is unmatched by any other provider and includes access to new versions of the distribution, high availability tools, back porting, bug fixes and patch updates all packaged within a 10 year support life cycle model.
Oracle VM enables customers to rapidly deploy critical enterprise application and private cloud infrastructure solutions. Oracle VM facilitates the deployment and operation of your enterprise applications on a fully certified platform to reduce operations and support costs while simultaneously increasing IT efficiency and agility. Going beyond simple server consolidation, Oracle VM server virtualization is designed to enable rapid enterprise application deployment and simplify lifecycle management.
The Senior Sales Executive will have full responsibility for meeting and exceeding the short and long term territory revenue plans. We are looking for a talented individual that can start by building our business interests, and once successful, can take on a leadership position to co-ordinate our other sales activities in the marketplace. This position should appeal to an experienced individual that has the ambition to succeed in one of the world's leading technology corporations.
• Build a strategic territory plan
• Identify customer opportunities
• Qualification of key customers and associated opportunities
• Formulate sales engagements and negotiation strategies
• Understand the competitive landscape
• Close business consistently, quarter after quarter in line with Oracle policies
• Deliver annual sales targets in a predictable fashion
• Team player
• Lead a virtual team in a matrix managed organization (Inside and Partner Sales, Software Consulting/Professional Services and Marketing)
• Work closely with other lines of business to ensure a coordinated approach
• Build the basis for long term future success
• Demonstrated success in delivering a sustainable revenue plan for your business
• Experience in complex enterprise and commercial sales transactions
• Strong experience in building sales pipeline, managing a forecast and closing opportunities
• Experience with direct sales teams, channel partners and remote telesales to achieve mutual success
• An ability to build and sustain strong collaborative internal relationships
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Product and market knowledge in both Linux and Virtualization is essential
• A track record capturing key customers that serve as proof sources for the go-to-market strategies and value proposition
• Relentless focus on customer success and satisfaction, resulting in reference able accounts and positive brand awareness
• Provide guidance to all stakeholder organizations including development, product management, consulting and customer support, establishing an effective virtual team approach towards driving a consistent set of common goals.
Oracle is looking for a seasoned Senior Sales Executive. This individual must be a high energy, self-motivated, hands on, credible with customers, and take charge of complex situations and drive towards win-win solutions. Additional characteristics include:
• 10 years successful sales experience working with enterprise customers
• Proven success closing large deals and working with customers to deliver sustainable business
• Experience selling Linux and Virtualization technology preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated success working as a highly effective salesperson in a complex matrix organizational structure
• You will live within easy reach of desired territory
• BA/BS degree preferred
Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
Primary job duty is to sell technology software products and related services in a defined territory. Identifies, qualifies and closes new opportunities. Manages accounts including the entire sales process from business development prospecting and specifications through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support. Leverages the Oracle sales model to maximize revenue growth and increase local market share. Builds and expands business partner revenue and self sufficiency.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Acts as a leader of large-scale company initiatives. Viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key business partner.12 years applicable experience including 9 years of sales experience. Successful sales track record. Ability to penetrate accounts, meet with stakeholders within accounts. Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle*s competitors. Interaction with C level players. Team player with strong interpersonal /communication skills. Excellent communication/negotiating/closing skills with prospects/customers. Travel may be needed. Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.