What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking - a cloud-enabled world. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We have a unique capability to harmonize the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Do you always strive to learn? Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you share and build on other’s ideas, because we are better together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation? Then come to Microsoft - Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft?s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
The Impact You’ll Be Making
The reinvention of business process represents a bold bet for Microsoft in accelerating our growth in commercial cloud services. The mission of Dynamics 365 is to help our customer digitally transform their businesses to drive new sources of revenue, create new and engaging ways to serve their customers, and to transform the way in which their business runs to drive new levels of profitability for their organization. Microsoft Dynamics Technical Sales Managers build and lead teams of Technical Sales Professionals to identify and support the Business & IT goals of our customers. You and your team will drive technical decisions at the customer, help them achieve Business value with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and thereby secure long-term sustainable Growth for Microsoft. As an enterprise Technical Sales Manager, you will be a key contributor to helping organizations reinvent productivity in the Cloud.
• Develops and leads an excellent, high performing technical sales team that helps customers make sound technical decisions and maximize the adoption and value of Microsoft solutions
• Builds best in class diverse team of technical solution sellers and executes a technical sales talent development strategy, including succession plans, and invests in Microsoft readiness to meet business objectives.
• Provides a high level of business and sales acumen coaching to the technical solutions sales team and leverages individual team member?s strengths to coach and develop the team.
• Coaches technical sales teams to build needed knowledge of their customers
• industry, business, buying process and decision-making criteria to define what success looks like for each individual customer.
• Coaches technical sales solution team on pursuit strategy and value based selling execution.
• Encourage deep community participation and the importance of gathering and sharing customer insight. Manages for technical and sales excellence to drive customer success and Microsoft growth
• Collaborates with Dynamics Sales Managers in developing and effectively executing a plan that delivers industry and target account revenue growth, including pipeline management, business intelligence, and systems efficacy and hygiene.
• Drives proactive engagement with Microsoft business segments to ensure technical sales resources are included in territory and account plans.
• Effectively deploys technical sales resources to active customer engagements.
• Develops executive relationships with Partners and leverages these relationships in Sales pursuits to influence Partner investments early in the sales lifecycle, and to ensure Partner planning and execution encompasses Dynamics requirements.
• Employs strategic knowledge to lead team to actively work with customers, to define clear technical decision criteria for all opportunities, and to develop plans that help customers deploy and consume our products and services.
• Provides Business and Value Selling Leadership
• Creates meaningful and sustained technical executive relationships, leverages these relationships to win business and contribute to Customer lifecycle management.
• Effectively communicates Dynamics vision, industry solutions and direction. Is a key contributor to developing and executing the top deals within accounts.
• Leverages customer’s technical sales-related escalations to broaden relationships and create opportunities.
Who We Are Looking For
• Solution/sales engineer for a CRM, ERP, HCM or SaaS-based company or similar technology
• As technical leader of multi-million-dollar business application deals requiring orchestration of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry, and solution team members
• Driving technical sales processes including pre-sales, POCs, project management
• Successful track record of implementing end-to-end complex business apps and solutions
• Successful track record of competitive displacement
• Sales Management - previous business applications (ERP and/or CRM) solution selling experience leading teams of solution or technical sellers with sales quotas/targets
• Running a Profit & Loss, with a discipline and rigor to the management of the business
• Turning around poor performing opportunities and/or sales teams.
• Documented track record of leadership, team development, and business success.
Deep Technical Knowledge:
• Best-in-class Dynamics 365 technical knowledge
• Level-400 solution development (including coding)
• Advanced skills in Visio, Visual Studio, and other integrated development environments and solutioning tools
• Knowledge of related applications, relational database, web technology, and cyber-security
• Professional training/certification in: Complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Holden, Krauthammer, etc.), sales methodologies, effective marketing tactics, financial analysis, CRM and ERP
• Comfortable and effective creating and developing interpersonal relationships with executive-level technical and business decision makers.
• Capable of navigating complex organizations to reach goals and objectives.
• Organizational agility and capable of dealing with ambiguity; manages change with team.
• Able to drive and influence Stakeholders across organizational boundaries through extremely strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, envisioning, writing, and verbal communication skills.
• MBA preferred
• 10+ years of Solution/Technical Sales experience
• 5+ years of Sales/Solution Management experience - leading teams of solution or technical sellers
• Bachelor’s Degree
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.