What Joining the Microsoft Healthcare Team Means
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We have a unique capability to harmonize the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Through a healthcare lens, our mission is to empower every person to live healthier lives and every organization to deliver better healthcare.
Do you always strive to learn? Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you share and build on other’s ideas, because we are better together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation? Then come to Microsoft - Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Why Microsoft in Healthcare
Healthcare systems around the world are amazingly complex. For healthcare to improve, it must be more broadly accessible; delivered more safely, quickly, and effectively; and a more satisfying experience for everyone involved.
At Microsoft, we’re focused on the heroes of healthcare, the people developing new, safer, and more effective therapies, the people who provide treatment, the patients who receive it, and the administrators who make everything run smoothly.
• We want to empower clinicians and researchers to improve detection and diagnosis, treatment and management, as well as prediction and prevention of disease—in and out of clinical settings, for both individuals and populations.
• We want to give people more ready access and more control over their healthcare, strengthening their connections to care providers, so they can have instant access to expert help when and where they need it.
• We want to help health industry enterprises navigate technological advancements so they can not only cope, but thrive, as changes disrupt the very fundamentals of healthcare in the coming years.
Our role is to assist these heroes and augment what they do with our expertise in cloud, business processes, enterprise productivity, and Artificial Intelligence. We want to make their lives—and through them, the lives of all individuals—better.
The Impact You’ll Be Making
As a Business Intelligence Technology Solutions Professional (TSP):
You will help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
• You will lead technical presentations, demonstrations, architecture design sessions, proofs of concepts, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft's Business Intelligence products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
• You will work with partners and others in Microsoft teams to extend the reach of your team and satisfy important customer needs.
• You will lead to clear technical, competitive, and security blockers to accelerate Business Intelligence solution sales and usage.
You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a variety of technical resources, by:
• Orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external partners for multiple Microsoft products and services.
• Helping identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and their solutions, and ensuring that these solutions are implemented.
• Developing new partner relationships to drive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft Business Intelligence solutions.
• Shaping current and future products and marketing strategies through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering.
You will stay sharp and share your knowledge.
• You will be the subject matter expert for Excel, Power BI, MyAnalytics and Workplace Analytics on your local sales team.
• We encourage all of our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, and competitive readiness.
• Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, and articles for your domain.
• You will be recognized for exceeding standards of technical and competitive readiness and sharing your knowledge both within Microsoft and among our partners and customers.
Who We Are Looking For
Technical Solution Leader
• Business Intelligence architect. 7+ years of experience in Business Intelligence. The expertise and ability to integrate complex elements and customer requirements into innovative technical architectures in the Business Intelligence space required.
• Amazing Technical Sales Professional. Strong Cloud and Business Intelligence technical and solution selling experience required.
• Deep Business Intelligence products & services knowledge. Strong hands-on technical experience with Office 365, Excel, and Power BI strongly recommended.
• Analytics expertise. Demonstrated knowledge of business analytics, including data modeling, report and dashboard creation, data security, governance and compliance required.
• Cloud Trust. High-level expertise in sophisticated identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance requirements, and experience integrating them into cloud and hybrid solutions required.
• Technical breadth. Industry leading experience with cloud, hybrid infrastructures and adjacent technologies, architecture designs, migrations, and industry standards required.
• Planning for success. Understand Office 365 deployment and adoption planning, including Microsoft FastTrack, and the high-level project management and change management tasks associated with driving usage of Business Intelligence workloads preferred
• Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft partners required.
• Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, product demo, written, and verbal communication skills required.
• Executive Presence. Strong leadership to influence industry decision makers and boards required.
• Performer. Highly driven person who consistently performs well above company or industry norms required.
• Lead. Able to lead, inspire and mentor members of the Microsoft sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft partners required.
• Influencer. Ability to drive and influence vibrant internal and external communities through extremely strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
• Demonstrated the ability to work in large healthcare accounts at the senior and executive management level while also having the technical depth to engage with and influence BI technical decision makers.
• Experience and expertise with identifying, elaborating, scoping, and solutioning healthcare centric business intelligence use cases.
• Ability to guide healthcare organizations on a journey from systems of record to systems of insight and systems of engagement by leveraging business intelligence and modern workplace technologies
• Proven track record of consultative, technical selling whereby the customer is successfully led through a technical sales process that includes education, evaluation, defining value, planning for deployment, and valuable use of a healthcare BI solution.
• Experienced. 10+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field required.
• Certification Microsoft Office 365 required.
• Certification in business intelligence preferred.
• Certification in information security desired.
• Up to 75% travel within a designate multi-state geography is required.
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.