Information SystemsJob Description
Amgen is searching for a Technology Strategy & Innovation Senior Manager that will function as the Global Technology Assessment and Implementation Lead. This Senior Manager will report to the Director of Technology Strategy and Innovation and will work out of our main corporate campus in Thousand Oaks, CA.
- The Global Technology Assessment and Implementation Lead (GTAL) serves as the project manager for opportunities going through Therapeutic Delivery Innovation (TDI) assessment and implementation
- The GTAL is responsible for coordinating cross-functional resources to ensure TDI opportunities are moved efficiently through assessment and implementation
Key responsibilities for the Senior Manager include:
- Align key stakeholders, facilitate consensus, and manage cross-functional teams to ensure that assessment / implementation activities (e.g., conceptual modeling, co-creation workshop, human factor studies, prototyping) are executed efficiently and successfully
- Serve as project manager for opportunities moving through TDI from preliminary assessment through implementation. This can include:
- Develop the assessment work-plan
- Facilitate key discussions (e.g., build vs. buy), synthesize findings / results, and advise on key activities throughout the assessment process
- Coordinate key activities, tasks, and responsibilities for technology functions and product teams
- Own the final output, including business model canvas, and business case
Doctorate degree and 2 years of project management in technology, strategy and/or innovation experience
Master's degree and 4 years of project management in technology, strategy and/or innovation experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of project management in technology, strategy and/or innovation experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of project management in technology, strategy and/or innovation experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of project management in technology, strategy and/or innovation experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Strong capabilities in project management and problem solving, with a deep understanding of the technology and biopharma sectors
- Well-developed communication and leadership skills, to ensure that assessment team are staying on track and navigating roadblocks
- Broad familiarity across functional areas, including regulatory, marketing, and clinical
- Deep knowledge of the Amgen organization
Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new science's promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient. Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people's lives.
Advancing science and helping patients - these dual passions are ingrained in our culture. They drive our work, our values, and everything we do at Amgen. For staff around the world, our mission to serve patients and our commitment to science makes Amgen a place where we can make a positive difference in people's lives while pursuing a challenging and fulfilling career. To foster a setting in which all staff may excel, we support a variety of growth opportunities-from training and education to expanding current job responsibilities. Join Us If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen values the leadership, skills and passion for serving that veterans exemplify and our constant commitment to hiring the best starts here.