- Manage the CP&G aspects of the Network MSC Building program for a sub-market to preserve mission critical facilities that ensure the consistency in building construction and implementation. The position is responsible for helping identify needs for growth to support changes in AC Power, DC Power, HVAC, and other building systems in order to manage the growth of our network systems.
- Perform MSC building, power/grounding, mechanical and infrastructure implementation projects to support equipment growth at the Northern New Jersey MSC locations.
- Work with North Territory CPG planners to develop action plans and budgets to support the assigned offices.
- Execute the current year’s projects with a sense of urgency on a focus on the accuracy of implementation.
- Manage your assigned budget to ensure that all purchasing, finance, accounting and SOX requirements are met
- Execute all projects within the guidelines and standards that are published by the HQ EOS Compliance team.
- Work with the local Operations teams to make sure that all solutions are implemented in a way that Operations supports the direction order to avoid disruptions to service and cell site growth.
- This position will primarily focus on the Northern New Jersey sub market MSC's but may be asked to cover any location in the North territory based on the work load balance of their peers.
Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Science, or related technical degree is desired or equivalent power/ construction work experience.
3-5 years of experience in mission critical facility design, construction, project management, or operations with a knowledge and understanding of:
- Mechanical, electrical structural and civil engineering construction principles or process
- Telecommunications facilities design and construction plans
- Emergency generators (750+kW)
- National Electrical Code requirements and other regulatory guidelines
- AC/UPS/DC distribution systems and troubleshooting of power equipment
- General building commissioning and maintenance processes
- Building support systems (HVAC, Fire, Security)
- 3 Years Operations or Engineering experience with:
- DC Power :GE Lineage, Tyco, Emerson, Marconi, Lorain
- AC Switch gear: Square D, Cutler Hammer, Russ Electric, ASCO, GE
- Working knowledge of MSC CDMA and LTE equipment
- Understanding of Verizon network standards
- Strong Vendor management and project management skills with experience managing complex cross functional technical projects be a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced work environment managing multiple projects with a record of delivering results within prescribed timelines.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.