What you’ll be doing...
- Organize, create, communicate, and facilitate projects, activities and initiatives that will allow Engineering to transform its processes and develop an environment of innovation
- Lead the development of new tools and processes to improve Engineering’s ability to deliver on the One Network and One Fiber initiatives
- Lead the development and execution of various types of operational and strategic business initiatives and projects, which may include new IT developed tools, supplier engagement and process improvement.
- Develop collaborative working relationships across the Verizon family of companies and affiliates to generate new ideas, define the roadmap, costing models, business cases and requirements to bring the idea to implementation. Actively seek partnerships to drive innovation, process improvement and cost reduction
- Provide leadership to a team of Engineers / Project Managers and / or suppliers to deliver the timely completion of projects within an established budget. Drive program and project management for central office consolidations including new equipment builds, circuit migration, collocation migration, equipment decommissioning and removal. Drive a culture of best practice project management methodology.
- Lead projects as the main client representative with Information Technology (IT) to develop tools via the agile project development process. Support the development of user stories, while driving the completion of project sprints, user acceptance testing and method and procedures.
- Provide support as needed on related projects
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, finance or other technical discipline or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Project management experience.
- Certification or experience in Lean Six Sigma.
Even better if you have:
- 3+ years of Project Management experience, preferably leading Wireline Telecom tactical projects and or IT projects.
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills, including ability to conduct research and analyze data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, including ability to create and deliver presentations using MS Power Point.
- Used MS Excel effectively to develop project plans, schedules and program tracking.
- Experience as a team leader with proven facilitation, team engagement, change management and problem solving experience.
- Proven record for managing multiple simultaneous projects on time and within budget.
- PMP Certification.
- Supplier Management Experience..
- Experience with Augmented / Virtual Reality solutions.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office product suite, especially PowerPoint, Excel & Word.
- Proven Information Technology Project Management experience as the client.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.