Monitor TechnicianKendall Regional Medical CenterMiami, Florida
Kendall Regional Medical Center is a 412-bed, full-service hospital providing 24-hour comprehensive medical, trauma, burn, surgical, behavioral health and diagnostic services, along with a wide range of patient and community services. Kendall Regional Medical Center has been honored by being nationally recognized with many prestigious awards and accolades, including: Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals, a HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital (Top 5%) for Clinical Excellence, The Joint Commission Certification as a Primary Stroke Center, accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, and most recently, by the Joint Commission as a "Top Performer" on key quality measures.
Kendall Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Job Description:
The Monitor Tech monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Job Qualifications:
- Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias.
- Reports all changes in heart rate/rhythm to appropriate nursing staff.
- Maintains Telemetry Supplies.
- Records patient condition utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of Basic EKG/Arrhythmia course. Demonstrated ability to interpret cardiac rhythms and arrhythmias.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- CMT/Cardiac Experience Preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a monitor tech in a hospital setting.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to remain focused and maintain concentration over extended period of time.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom