West Florida Healthcare
is proud to be the only hospital in the area to offer all private rooms as well as the area's only Accredited Chest Pain Center. The facility is also an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and is the area's only accredited Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. The West Florida Healthcare campus includes the all private room acute care hospital, the area's only comprehensive physical rehabilitation hospital, and a mental health facility.
Affiliated with HCA, the nation's leading provider of healthcare, West Florida Healthcare offers major services in cardiology/cardiovascular surgery, oncology, neurology/neurosurgery, orthopedics, emergency care, behavioral health, obstetrics, rehabilitative medicine and many other medical specialties.
For more information about the hospital, visit www.westfloridahospital.com
Attends nursing station and monitor station and is responsible for identification of basic cardiac rhythms. Monitors telemetry for multiple areas at centralized location. Performs clerical and reception duties. Follows policies and procedures of HCA West Florida Hospital. Participates in the Quality Improvement process and adheres to HCA West Florida standards of behavior.
The centralized Telemetry Tech will have a light workload with many hours of sitting and performing repetitive tasks
Manages stress appropriately
Able to make decisions under pressure
Able to handle multiple prioritiesQualifications:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Vocational or technical training in EKG monitoring and interpretation preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience preferred
- Stand, lift, bend, walk, answer phones, use computer, have clarity of vision, and hear alarms/telephone/normal speaking voices.
Skills & Abilities:
- Critical thinking
- Communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to pass hospital EKG competency program is required
- Ability to monitor telemetry from multiple areas at centralized location required
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom