The Telemetry Tech is responsible for continuous monitoring of ICU telemetry rhythms and oxygen saturations as applicable. The Tele Tech also: • Continuously observes monitors to note changes in rhythms and oxygen saturation when applicable.
• Responds immediately and appropriately to alarms.
• Notifies specific unit Clinical Supervisor or charge nurse when a patient on their unit is off telemetry or needs batteries replaced.
• Notifies Clinical Supervisor and patient care RN of rhythm changes and a drop in oxygen saturations below baseline as applicable.
• Posts and interprets rhythm strip every shift and with changes.
• Is proficient in reading and interpreting physician orders as needed?
• Adheres to the Hospital's policies and demonstrates compliance with the Code of Conduct
• Adheres to the Hospital's Safety policies and demonstrates safety practices in patient care.
Current Idaho CNA Certification; must be listed on the Idaho State Registry and an AHA CPR Healthcare Provider certification on hire. This position requires successful completion of the Basic Dysrhythmia Course or successful challenge of the course (passes final test by 80%) within 6 months. The position also requires successful completion of hospital and department orientation, and hospital mandatories according to unit policies.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom