Under general direction of the Nurse Supervisor or other supervisory/management level position within US Bioservices, responsible for providing patient care services in a pharmacy based setting, per the regulations and guidelines of the Nurse Practice Act in the state in which the patient and/or caregiver is located. Ensures all aspects of performance are in compliance with internal policies and procedures, and with all federal, state, and mandated rules and regulations; ensuring high-quality customer service and providing a safe environment when rendering care. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Utilizes and documents nursing processes to provide total patient care within program guidelines as defined by Standard Operating Procedures. The Telephonic Registered Nurse will:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Identify and assess patient and family/caregiver needs and begin appropriate interventions.
- Provide compassionate telephonic care through team coordination.
- Provide education, information, and encourage therapy compliance by providing telephonic initial and follow up calls tailored to meet patient/caregiver specific needs within program guidelines.
- Utilize proper HIPAA practices with all patients and medical offices and in all situations.
- Understand the need to provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge base and understanding of all dispensed Drugs and contracted Education/Compliance Calls.
- Follow all policies, procedures and work instructions, including during emergent situations.
- Utilize the company database system and programs to accurately update and document patient medical information, notes and assessments.
- Report Adverse Drug Events as appropriate according to company and manufacturer policy and procedure.
- Obtain (within 1st 3 months of employment) & maintain the certifications and licenses required to perform job responsibilities.
- Manage worklist and meet service level agreements for scheduled calls and other job related responsibilities.
- Utilize proper phone etiquette at all times.
- Manage and monitor telephone and queues as required/directed.
- Perform job related duties as assigned, including following call assessment and scripting where required.
- Participate in on call rotation.
- Supports accreditation duties as needed.
TX RN Compact State License required, BSN strongly preferred. Agreeable to acquire RN licensing in additional states as required and initiate the process within the first 3 months of hire. Ability to work late shift 10:30-7 pm and participate in afterhours call as needed. Nursing certification for Oncology and/or MS a plus. NOT A REMOTE POSITION. Frisco, Texas based. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Broad training in multiple programs, disease processes and drugs.
- Strong assessment skills using sound clinical judgement and intervention as appropriate.
- 3 years of clinical and pharmaceutical knowledge required; understanding of broad based nursing practices encompassing assessment and medication administration
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong prioritization skills; ability to multitask
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong computer skills and ability to effectively use company systems and programs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Internet; general office equipment and ability to type (45 wpm)
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.