Under general supervision of the Nurse Manager or other supervisory/management level position in the facility, provides patient care services in a pediatric community health based setting per the regulations and guidelines of the nurse practice act in the state in which the agency is located. Ensures all aspects of performance are in compliance with internal policies and procedures, and with all federal, state and mandated rules and regulations; ensures high-quality customer service and provides a safe environment when rendering care. Hours: Monday - Friday, 10:00am - 7:00pm **This position is located in our Frisco, TX office** PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Utilizes and documents nursing processes to provide total patient care to complex patients, utilizing resources as appropriate.
- Anticipates patient stats and potential clinical changes.
- Initiates and coordinates individualized primary care for patients and their families through home care.
- Develops comprehensive plan of care in collaboration with patient, family and health care team; documents outcome.
- Applies caring component by providing holistic care, including age-specific and family-centered care.
- Identifies and assesses patient and family needs; begins appropriate intervention.
- Participates in on-call activities and clinical reviews.
- Updates rehabilitation medical sheet(s).
- Submits paperwork within timeframe required by applicable policies.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree Program. Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing; current licensure by the state in which the nursing services are provided. Normally requires a minimum of one (1) year in pediatric experience and one year home care experience. Unrestricted, current state license as a Registered Nurse in resident state is required. Oncology Certification (OCN) preferred.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 10:00am - 7:00pm MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing processes and principles
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of computers in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.