Grow with us as a Temporary Machine Operator in one of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in San Jose, CA! By utilizing your strong communication skills and attention to detail you'll help us produce some of the world's most favorite products. You'll also collaborate with many diverse people and perspectives, and be a part of the united values and winning culture at Kellogg! WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Temporary Machine Operator you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Operating and performing cleanup on various production and packaging related equipment
- Providing regular employees relief from extended work schedules, vacations, and other time off request
- Flowing to the work in all areas of production and packaging as required
- Following all company Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Physically must be able to stand for long hours and be able to lift at or above waist at a maximum of fifty pounds
FUTURE PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
- Experience working in a manufacturing or operational facility
- Previous experience working in a food manufacturing plant is a plus
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety processes and regulations
- Ability to follow instructions, verbal and written
This is a temporary full time Kellogg position. After a probationary period qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for permanent full time openings as they become available! WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
The candidate must be able to work a 12 hour shift, including night and weekend shifts and come to work on time. Daily and weekend overtime is required as needed. The candidate should be able to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation as an essential function of this position.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.