Tender Engineer - REF#003W0B Denver, Colorado
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Schneider Electric Solar Inverters USA, Inc. is a world leader in advanced power electronics, headquartered near Vancouver, Canada. We are a fast-paced, dynamic cross-functional team-based company. Schneider makes a positive difference in the lives of people around the world by combining proven technology with unparalleled market understanding to bring our customers products that enable the delivery of electricity anytime, anywhere. TENDER ENGINEER:
This Position is a tendering position providing support and service to the Solar Business. The purpose of this role is to provide exceptional customer service to our North American Solar Accounts. The Solar Tender Engineer will oversee and manage all service related contracts, pricing, and proposals. This position will work directly with the Solar Service Director and Service Sales Manager. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze RFQs (Request For Quotation) and prepare costing as per standard process and tools.
- Prepare offer documentation consistent with validated data provided by commercial support sales & opportunity team within ERP.
- Perform simple risk analysis. Offers can be either stand-alone local tender (Cat. C) or internal sub-contractor of solution/more complex tender.
- Analyze reasonably complex RFQs (Request For Quotation) within core business and with few unreleased contents and prepare costing as per process and tools.
- Prepare offer documentation consistent with Delegation of Authority, validation in ERP.
- Perform advanced risk analysis.
- Support the Opportunity Leader during customer negotiations and closing of the deal.
- Review of Tender documents on receipt to ensure its completeness.
- Ensure that clarifications are raised well in time to get better clarity on bid submission.
- Clear understanding of work scope & best estimation with respect to execution of project.
- Responsible for review/preparation of service contracts and offers in collaboration with service offer team.
- Ensure that commercial submissions to tenders are fully complied with all necessary details.
- Responsible for all tender documentation
- Ensure the Estimate is built up methodically and in sufficient detail and is in accordance with good estimating practice. Sufficient explanatory notes are to be including referring the location of supplementary information.
- Ensure the Indirect Cost Estimate is correctly prepared and costed.
- Bid Evaluations are completed in a timely manner.
- Prepare / Review the preparation of the construction schedule, providing manhours and equipment requirement for each activity and also ensure correctness to capture anticipated durations and manning.
- Assist Proposals Manager in the identification, evaluation and ranking of risks as well as developing a strategy to manage and mitigate the risks to Company.
- Assist Proposals Manager with the preparation of a list of clarifications and qualifications to the proposal.
- Ensure that Clients pricing and technical tender schedules are complete and accurate.
- When requested, carry out peer review of estimates compiled by others, checking for completeness, pricing accuracy and adequate manning and resource requirements.
- Maintain Lessons Learnt database from existing projects.
- Assist Proposals Manager in other various departmental development work
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree in Associated Field
- At least 3 years of experience
- Experience of similar nature in Energy Services Contracting in Engineering, Procurement, and Construction.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. This position requires clear and concise communication to effectively drive team and execute customer requests
- Excellent organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- Detailed and accurate data entry
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task between data entry, data validation and customer service inquiries.
- Advanced ability to use Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.