Has to be able to Work on TEKsystems W2 Can NOT go c2c
Top Three Skills:Teradata, SQL, Scripting
Job Description: As a Teradata Database Developer, candidate must have demonstrated experience, education and credentials as well as familiarity with and ability to work at all levels of the development process. He must also have strong organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills and the ability to function effectively as part of a team. It is also vital to your role as Teradata Database Developer that you have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and that you can present documentation and designs and convey complex information in a clear and concise manner to team members as well as individuals at all levels of the client's organization. You must also have a solid foundation in data management and data governance.
- Meeting with business users to gather data requirements
- Analyzing and profiling data
- Designing ETL solutions
- Testing and debugging code
- Coordinating with the other teams to support data/design changes
- Working with end users and development staff to ensure that new and existing data models and databases are consistent with approved data architecture standards
- Migrating and integrating code to production
- Ensuring that Quality Assurance test plans are executed before releasing product enhancements for user acceptance testing
- Providing production support during client warranty period, troubleshooting and resolving any production issues that may arise
- Hands on experience of performance tuning
Specific qualifications for the Teradata Database Developer position will include:
- Minimum of 8+ years strong Teradata and SQL, UNIX, Data Warehouse Modeling, Teradata Utilities, Aggregates and building efficient views; other SQL and UNIX experience
- Hands on experience in Teradata utilities
- Write BTEQ scripts to transform data
- Write, test and implement Teradata Fastload, Multiload and Bteq scripts, DML and DDL
- Write, test and implement UNIX scripts
- Write views based on user and/or reporting requirements
- SQL proficient
- Strong presentation and documentation skills
- Critical thinking and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Strong experience in designing and developing large scale and optimized Data Warehouses using Teradata
- In-depth hands on experience in database, ETL/ELT/TELT design and development and should have excellent data analysis skills
- Experience in deploying solutions using version control
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.