GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Inspector will be responsible for QC inspections at the manufacturing facility level to ensure continuous production consistent with established standards. The inspector will perform Quality Control duties with regards to Dimensional, Hardness, Mag, LP and other measuring tools and calibration.
• Document applicable calibration inspection results.
• Perform specific inspections and calibrations according to written instructions.
• Designate appropriate inspection methods and techniques.
• Troubleshoot equipment and systems problems.
• Perform functional, mechanical and visual inspection.
• Verify the calibration status of all measuring and test equipment used in the work area including reference material.
• Understand the relevance and importance of inspection activities and how they contribute to the delivery of defect free products.
• Set up and calibrate equipment, interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards and specifications.
• Interpret and evaluates inspection results with respect to applicable codes, specifications and standards.
• Establish and perform preventative maintenance procedures for inspection equipment.
• Perform periodic work reviews and audits to ensure compliance to the system requirements.
• Interpret blue print drawings and ensures specifications are being met.
• Develop consistent/logical feature labels and structured reports for data retrieval and ease of interpretation of inspection results.
•High School Diploma/GED
•Experience using basic measuring instruments
•Experience using shop math, including fractions and decimals
•Experience with computers, applications, and keyboarding
•Experience in performing dimensional or visual inspection
•Possess analytical aptitude with methodical attention to detail
•Near Vision 20/25 (US) using corrected or uncorrected vision in each eye
• Experience in inspection of aircraft hardware
• Experience performing visual and mechanical inspection
• Some working knowledge of machine shop blueprints, engineering sketches and specifications
• Ability to learn and operate material handling and lifting devices
• Demonstrated computer skills performing Electronic Resource Planning (ERP) transactions
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
Locations: United States; Indiana; Terre Haute
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.