Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we've been committed to improving peoples' lives and making the world a better place-one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey. Through its broad range of integrated business technology solutions, Panasonic empowers professionals to do their best work. Customers in government, healthcare, production, education and a wide variety of commercial enterprises, large and small, depend on integrated solutions from Panasonic to reach their full potential, achieve competitive advantage and improve outcomes. The complete suite of Panasonic solutions addresses unified business communications, mobile computing, security and surveillance systems, retail information systems, office productivity solutions, high definition visual conferencing, projectors, professional displays and HD and 3D video 4K Cinema production. As a result of its commitment to R&D, manufacturing and quality control, Panasonic engineers reliable and long-lasting solutions as a partner for continuous improvement. Panasonic solutions for business are delivered by Panasonic System Communications Company of North America (PSCNA), Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America (PNA), the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation.
Currently, PSCNA has an immediate opening available for a Sr. Territory Account Manager-Public Sector. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL RESIDE IN SAN FRANCISCO
What You'll Bring
- The Sr. Territory Account Manager is responsible for identifying, developing and closingsolution salesfocused on the Public Sector market. These products and services include Toughbook and related services. Based in Californiaand covering the Public Sector market, this hard charging professional will use their 5 years of direct sales experience in technology to drive incremental business of Panasonic products and services. They will develop and implement a strategic business and sales plan for their given region focusing on the total solution rather than a product. Face to face visits with top customers, prospects, partners and resellers will be held on a weekly basis with 75% travel expected. Reporting, forecasting and business analysis are handled through a state of the art customer management system.
Accountabilities: Selling/Account Mgmt./Customer Service 55%
- Attain minimum of 100% of assigned sales quota
- Develop business and relationships with key End Users and VAR's through close communications
- Promote new and key solutions to this customer base through demonstrations and presentations.
- Develop manage sales programs to develop increased awareness & demand for our solutions
- Maintain records of customer information & performance. Establish goals and track performance to objectives
- Manage customer service issues to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction and retention Prospect Development 25%
- Develop & identify new end user opportunities through prospecting and key end user calls and demos to meet the company objectives of pipeline development.
- Work with VAR's as much as possible to help develop this new business through the dealer channel
- Maintain data base of calls to prospects for future use and communications
- Meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) as assigned by the National Sales Manager
- Establish relationships with PSCNA 'Synergy Partners' to expand sales reach and prospect base Planning Administration 10%
- Provide timely, accurate & complete sales reports and forecasts. Attend required sales conference calls
- Give thorough market feedback to management
- Give a high degree of attention to individual ASM performance against the assigned business plan
- Plan activities, agendas, programs with achieving business budget always in mind
- Give high attention to the plan numbers, current and projected performance to that plan Product Knowledge 10%
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge Maintain a high level of competitive awareness
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge in the specific vertical market sector
- Stay with changes in technologies and communicate this knowledge on to your dealers/customers
- What You’ll Bring:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Business/Marketing or equivalent,
- Must have previous responsibility for directly driving technology sales of $10M to $12M in revenue focused on end user (not channel).
- 7-10 Years direct end user sales (NOT Channel) focus. Public Sector focus is preferable.
- Has previously held position with frequent travel (50% or more)
- Must have strong communications skills to include presentation experience to groups of 20 people including the "C" level.
- Manufacturer experience required selling to Government and Fortune 100 customers
- Track record of exceeding plan and year over year growth MANAGEMENT:
- Responsible for $8-10M in incremental revenue over a geographic territory and as part of a large and growing team. Will also be responsible for high level management of vertical market specific VAR network. Also responsible for helping to train and support the rest of your team on related products and the vertical market.
- This is the key ingredient for success in this position. Must constantly communicate with customers, dealers, management, and internal personnel in a very clear and positive manner. This requires very professional conversation, presentation, and problem solving skills. Computer skills a must with desired high level of competence in Lotus Notes, Excel, PowerPoint, and SalesLogix. What We Offer:
- Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.