Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
This Territory Account Rep will be part of the Johnson Controls' Power Solutions group. As the world's largest automotive battery manufacturer, Johnson Controls produces 146 million batteries - one-third of the industry's output - every year. We power every type of passenger vehicle, heavy-duty and light commercial trucks, motorcycles, golf cars, lawn and garden tractors, and marine applications. We have 15,000 employees working in more than 50 facilities worldwide to support our customers' growth wherever they are located Position Description:
The position will be based out of the Richmond or Charlottesville, VA area with expectations of travel within the territory and periodic travel to the Power Solutions Headquarters in Milwaukee, WI as well as other locations nationally as necessary, for meetings and/or project work. The Territory Account Rep provides direct support to key National Account customers via retail store contacts to promote sales, reduce returns, train associates, check testing equipment, monitor POS compliance and foster goodwill. Primary Duties:
Job Qualifications: REQUIRED EDUCATION:
- Manage retail store contacts within assigned territories/and or areas based on assigned priorities.
- Provides retail store level battery sales, warranty and test equipment training to key account personnel.
- Provide retail store level merchandising assistance to key account personnel and ensures proper layout, signage, pricing and cataloging are present.
- Inspects battery testing and charging equipment condition.
- Recommends replacement/repair actions if necessary.
- Inspects and tests used batteries to determine level of store compliance with testing protocols.
- Submit key market insights from assigned territory utilizing sales data to prioritize key markets.
- Monitors store service levels and recommends appropriate actions as required.
- Attends customer functions such as trade shows, open houses and regional/national meetings as assigned.
- Submits timely contact reports and data on each all store contacts as well as weekly activities reports.
- Establish and maintain relationships with customer distribution network
- Submits timely competitive surveys or store shops as assigned.
- Manage expenses within assigned travel and expense budgets.
- Other field assigned and related tasks.
• Bachelor's degree
REQUIRED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
• 2+ years of experience in a sales or customer facing role
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Presentation/training skills
• PC skills including Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
• Ability to travel up to 75% of the time within geographic territory with approximately 20% to include air travel. DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE:
• Previous automotive parts sales experience
• Experience with a CRM, preferably SalesForce
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.