Territory Development Manager
Location – Greater Minneapolis / St Paul MN area
Unilever Food Solutions helps chefs all over the world serve tasty, wholesome meals that keep their guests coming back for more.
We’ve been in food since the 1880’s and are home to some of the world’s favorite brands: Knorr, Hellmann’s, Lipton and more! We work closely with businesses of all sizes, from independent restaurants to hotels, chains and contract caterers in 74 countries.
We always care about putting healthy and nutritious food on the table, but we also care about our impact on the earth. Using ingredients and packaging that are sustainably sourced, generate less waste and consume less energy is all part of our environmentally responsible way of doing business.
Are you results focused? Do you have passion for food? Do you want to have an entrepreneurial experience while being a part of
$55 Billion Global Organization? Are you comfortable with stretching targets and learning new ideas, concepts, and strategies?
If yes, then this is a perfect opportunity for YOU!
Our field sales team is the face-to face contact with our customers, delivering innovations, incentives and solutions.
The Territory Development Manager is responsible for delivering against set targets and growing profitable sales in their market on all Unilever Food Solutions products (Hellmann’s, Lipton, Knorr, etc.) by:
• Strategically targeting and executing new business strategy ( Restaurant Operator centric)
• Developing Regional Restaurant Chains (less than 50)
• Cultivating relationships with distributors to better promote Unilever Food Solution’s products
• Partnering with restaurant executives and chefs to develop and grow their business
• Trade funds’ investments (Distributor Marketing Programs & Operator Purchase Programs)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and execute the respective Key Operator, Regional Chain and Distributor account business plans as they relate to our current volume goals, strategies, focus categories and budgetary constraints.
• Maintain active market presence: a minimum of 3 days per week of Field Operator calls and presentations and 1-2 days per week of distributor activities/events.
• Have an active market presence – Minimum of 8 Operator calls per day and Distributor calls and engagement based on business needs.
• Manage Local Marketing Allowance (Marketing Programs) distributor contracts and agreed counterparts to include associated marketing activities and management of required slots.
• Organize and present detailed business reviews with all key foodservice trade accounts.
• Present and execute new products to develop new slots in distribution and create pull within regional small independent operators and chains.
• Build relationships with all levels of decision makers within a customer to help identify issues/needs and formulate solutions to elevate these relationships.
• Coordinate and leverage resources for assistance in customer marketing presentations, chef demonstrations, food shows, magazine articles, etc.
• Prepare and regularly update Siebel (CRM system) account plans/opportunities/activities for all customers.
• Administer and manage customer contracts.
- 4 year college degree or 2 year Culinary Degree, preferred
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years experience in sales via Distributor channel required
- Minimum 2 years experience in sales foodservice sales preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word required.
- Drive to become an expert with our systems including Salesforce.com, Blacksmith required
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com and Blacksmith a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Business Acumen
A successful candidate will have the following: Self-confidence, persistence, interpersonal sensitivity, committed to a team
environment, an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for driving results and a love of food.
This is a home-based position with 30% travel.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check and background investigation.