The Territory Manager, Animal Health is responsible for generating sales of products and equipment to both existing veterinarians and new customers within an assigned sales territory. The Territory Manager, Animal Health plans and makes sales calls, and selects products and programs that motivate customers to buy products. The territory for this position covers Cleveland, OH and northeastern Ohio. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Call on target, current and prospective customers in order to generate sales, improve market share, and increase income for MWI.
- Utilize the computer as a sales aid and be competent in the use of MWI e-mail, MWI promotions in Outlook, and the MWI Territory Manager website.
- Seek to understand the needs of the veterinarian and clinic and, in turn, select products and services to satisfy those needs.
- Establish appropriate relationships with veterinarians and clinics.
- Review and utilize sales analysis and top supplier reports in pre and post call planning.
- Prepare and maintain a written call cycle consistent with territory changes. Share information with Inside Sales Representative (ISR) and Regional Manager. Call cycle information includes account number, name, location, and day of the week.
- Stay current on the full line of products and services offered by MWI.
- Demonstrate competency in MWI sales programs, promotions and products.
- Establish account profiles for customers within territory.
- Be responsive to communication from customers, MWI team members, and manufacturer representatives.
- Detail and/or demonstrate new products and promotions for customers.
- Ensure reporting is submitted timely.
- Meet sales goals and budget numbers by territory and manufacturer.
- Act as a resource to the customer in business matters dealing with such issues as inventory management, equipment and products.
- Act as point person for customers on nearly all dealings with the company; work with MWI inside personnel to ensure customer issues are resolved.
- Maintain vehicle in a professional manner.
- Work closely with key vendors and Product Specialists.
- Maintain adequate support material and detail aids in automobile.
- Comply with other requests from MWI Regional Managers and leadership.
- Participate in conference calls and meetings as request
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- A bachelor's degree and one to three years of outside sales experience, preferably in animal health, are desired.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills and a proven ability to sell are necessary.
- Experience selling products and equipment to small companion animal veterinary clinics highly preferred.
- A valid drivers' license and good driving record are mandatory.
: Speaks effectively in individual or group situations (e.g., meetings, presentations, interviews) including appropriate nonverbal communications; able to recognize and present information to others; recognizes different methods for communicating the same information and selects the best method; strives for positive high impact delivery. Customer Service
: Is customer oriented, sensitive and responsive to customer needs and priorities; establishes effective working relationships with customers and gains their respect and loyalty; identifies and takes appropriate action on customer needs. Know the Organization
: Understands the company's objectives; knows the structure of the organization; works effectively within the organization to achieve results; works continuously to make linkages and build networks within the organization. Know the Customer and the Market
: Knows customers in the market territory; keeps up to date on key competitors; understands and is responsive to the needs and expectations of relevant customer segments; establishes effective working relationships with customers to gain respect and loyalty; identifies opportunities presented by changes and shifts in the marketplace. Build Quality Service
: Defines quality service based on customer needs, wants, expectations and profitability; aligns actions accordingly; remains sensitive and responsive to both internal and external customers; builds distinctive predictable levels of service; resolves problems quickly and effectively. Know the Product
: Displays knowledge and proficiency in explaining, selling, and administering products; refers customers to appropriate resources within the organization. Maintain Technological Expertise
: Keeps informed of technological advances affecting the industry; recognizes/identifies appropriate and effective technological applications for use by the company; applies internal technology to effective advantage. Demonstrate Interpersonal Skills
: Communicates in an open, straight forward, honest and respectful style; checks for message clarity; understands the effect the communication style has on others, including nonverbal communications; plans for and adapts to the wide variety of communication preferences and needs of others