The Territory Manager, Dealer (Animal Health) is responsible for generating sales of animal health products and equipment to both existing Dealer stores and new customers within an assigned sales territory. The Territory Manager plans and makes sales calls, and selects products and programs that motivate customers to buy products. The territory for this position covers from east of I95 to the coast in North Carolina. The incumbent will ideally live on the east coast of North Carolina. Job Responsibilities:
- Call on and target, current and prospective customers in order to generate sales, improve market share, and increase income for MWI.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suit products such as Excel and Word.
- Seek to understand the needs of the dealer farm stores and, in turn, select products and services to satisfy those needs.
- Establish appropriate relationships with Dealer farm stores.
- Review and utilize sales analysis and top supplier reports in pre and post call planning.
- Prepare and maintain a written call cycle consistent with territory changes. Share information with ISR and Regional Manager. Call cycle information includes account number, name, location, and day of the week.
- Stay current on the full line of products and services offered by MWI.
- Demonstrate competency in MWI sales programs, promotions and products.
- Establish account profiles for customers within territory.
- Be responsive to communication from customers, MWI team members, and manufacturer representatives.
- Detail and/or demonstrate new products and promotions for customers.
- Ensure reporting is submitted timely.
- Meet sales goals and budget numbers by territory and manufacturer.
- Act as a resource to the customer in business matters dealing with such issues as inventory management, equipment, seasonal promotions and products.
- Act as point person for customers on nearly all dealings with the company; work with MWI inside personnel to ensure customer issues are resolved.
- Maintain vehicle in a professional manner.
- Work closely with key vendors and Product Specialists.
- Maintain adequate support material and detail aids in automobile.
- Comply with other requests from MWI Regional Managers and leadership.
- Participate in conference calls and meetings as requested.
- A bachelor's degree and 1-3 years of outside sales experience, preferably in animal health is desired
- Animal health sales experience
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills and a proven ability to sell are necessary
- A valid drivers' license and good driving record are mandatory
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.