The Territory Manager position is part of our Building Efficiency business with Johnson Controls, a fortune 67 company. Due to our growth we are adding this position on to our team. This is part of our UPG (Unitary Products Group) business where we sell our residential and light commercial HVAC equipment through dealer network channels. Territory is the Hobart, Indiana and NW Indiana region. Focus is to grow our dealer networks. RESPONSIBILITY LEVEL:
This position, under general direction, is responsible for delivering profitable sales volume through assigned customers to meet the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) objectives. Develops and implements activities and strategies to continually increase top line revenue, maximize margins and increase market share for Unitary Products. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Obtains orders so as to meet sales objectives.
- Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns; understands customer's business and speaks their language; develops credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment; and manages ongoing sales process and responds to and anticipates customer needs.
- Demonstrates dedication and commitment to provide customers and co-workers with products and services that fully conform to established requirements.
- Acquires, maintains, and develops sufficient qualified dealers or accounts in the assigned territory.
- Assists dealers in implementing local marketing programs.
- Calls on architects, consulting engineers, builders, general contractors, and national accounts to assure favorable specifications for York product.
- Provides business management assistance to dealers.
- **E-Commerce-connected sales position: Territory Manager will educate and demonstrate to customers how to access and use an online sales portal**
Other duties may be assigned Job Qualifications: REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent combined education and experience; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years industry sales experience, preferably within the HVAC industry.
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including e-mail and Microsoft Office software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Effective and professional communication and organization skills.
- Solid public speaking skills.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.