A pet owner’s most trusted advisor is often their veterinarian. As a Territory Manager (Purina Vet Consultant) for our Veterinary Sales Team, you are the face behind our brand as these providers consider Pro Plan Veterinary Diets®. Proper nutrition is key to optimal dog and cat health. It is an idea carried throughout our entire line of veterinary pet food—specialized nutrition that makes a difference. Pro Plan Veterinary Diets® include products focused on dietary management of dogs and cats with specific health problems. This role will provide you an incredible portfolio of formulas to represent, each of them backed by scientific research and Purina’s unparalleled pet expertise. Globally, Nestlé has 27 research, development and technology centers along with over 500 scientists dedicated to ensuring top quality and creating innovative approaches to make the lives of dogs and cats better.
As our conduit into clinics, animal hospitals and offices throughout the veterinary channel, this role allows you to have the freedom of running your territory like your own business and provides the opportunity to become a strategic partner in enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Similar to our retail sales channels, you’ll enjoy the benefits of thought leadership and collaboration that develops within a tight-knit sales team.
Through continuous training, Territory Managers (Veterinary Sales Team) will develop an expertise in our diets and strategic sales plans, just as you’ll need to understand our channel partners’ goals, so that we are simultaneously creating a healthier pet community and gaining market share. You’ll achieve this through your high level of professionalism, entrepreneurial spirit, advocacy and business acumen as you leverage Purina’s advancing technology and industry-leading innovation to nurture relationships with current clients and build new client business.
- Promote Pro Plan Veterinary Diet® product line
- Grow the Purina Veterinary business by using innovative sales and marketing concepts to achieve assigned goals in all key measures
- Call on existing and potential clients to create targeted, brand-building sales and marketing programs to drive volume and hit quantitative and qualitative sales goals
- Develop and implement strategic business plans within assigned geography to allow Purina to advance in the marketplace
- Create a positive Purina experience by providing top-tier customer services to clients through a consultative selling approach
- Work cross-functionally with regional team, distributor channel and counterparts across the country to consistently exceed sales expectations
- Influence with integrity by identifying each clinic’s business needs, and then leveraging consumer insights and trends to support your recommendations
- Develop and foster business relationships with key decision makers to gain active recommendations of Purina to veterinary clients
- Provide Nutritional Pet Food Diet expertise to Veterinarians and their staff through clinic calls, product detailing/comparisons, In-Hospital Trainings and Special Events
Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must be willing to relocate or reside in Nassau or Suffolk County New York
- Territory will cover Brooklyn, Huntington, Montauk, to Bay Shore NY.
- Must be able to travel, less than 5%, including overnights as needed to manage the assigned territory.
Relocation assistance will be provided for those that qualify. Qualifications
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- 1+ years of sales experience required
- Outside sales experience and leadership experience preferred
You are required to have a valid state driver’s license, a satisfactory driving record and carry automobile insurance in the following amounts:
In order to be considered for this role, you must be willing to relocate:
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $300,000 bodily injury liability per occurrence
- $50,000 property damage
- Must be able to travel, including overnight as needed to manage the assigned territory
- Must have reliable transportation in order to manage the assigned territory
- If you currently reside in the territory, you may need to be open to relocate for future advancement opportunities
- If you currently do not reside in the territory, you will need to relocate to the territory upon offer acceptance and for future advancement opportunities
• Relocation assistance 50 miles outside of designated territory
• Extensive on-the-job training
• Company cell phone and computer provided
• Access to Nestle Purina Credit Union
• Leadership and career development opportunities
Featured Sales Job; Featured Hot Job; #LI-NC
A little about us:
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.